It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
(male)

Ugglan HB User
am I using ROCD as an excuse?

Hi everyone, I dont know were to begin but I just found out about ROCD two days ago and it completly rang true for all my past relationships. The thing is that I dont know if I just had two bad relationships, if I am just confused or if I really have ROCD..
I've had two relationships so far and I'll give you a brief explanation of each hoping it may be of some use.

My first girlfriend was an old friend of mine for 4 years, then we became neihbours and a week after we got involved. I was soo happy and madly in love, but then a couple of days later I just got this heavy feeling in my stomach that I didnt love her and it actually made me feel sick at times. It just got worse and worse, untill the point that I broke up with her, only a week after we got together. I went away for the weekend to see some friends, and when I came back, I realized I hade made a huge misstake and that she was the love of my life so we got back together. A week later AGAIN I begun to have these very same feelings pop up. Now I thought that I was really in love with her sister (she came to visit the same week), and I saw all of the amazing quallities in her and I started to have this strong feeling of guilt that I was comparing the two of them and seeing her sister as a "beter version of her" and I freaked out and told my girlfriend that maybe I was in love with her sister cause I felt like I was lying to her. We broke up the same day, it was a real emotional mess...
We stayed friends and then a couple of months later I get back togehter with her AGAIN! Feeling the same thought, that I had made a huge misstake and left the love of my life. Then AGAIN after a couple of days, I get that heave feeling in my stomach that I maybe dont love here, it gets wors and worse and a week after I break up again...this time we didnt remain friends and she cut all the contact with me wich sent me down the road of depression

My second relationship, wich I am still in now. It took on almost the EXACT same pattern! First couple of weeks I was madly in love, then we both starded school in different cites and it turned into a long-distance relationship. First couple of times we saw eachother on the weekends was amazing but then as she left to get back to her school, and Im all alone, I started to feel the same feelings as before, I felt like I wasnt in love, like I was lying to her. I again started to compare my relationship to others, comparing my girlfriend with other women and obsessing about all of the amazing women that was out there and that I hade picked the wrong one pecause I was scared to be alone...and I thought that if I felt these feelings that it was my obligation to DO SOMETHING about it, because it shouldnt feel this way in a relationship. I had these terrible feelings every hour of every day to the point I finally convinced my self that I must end it and did so after we had been together for 4 months (over a long distance). I couldnt give her a good explanation to why I was ending it except that I "wasnt feeling it anymore". After I went home that day I broke down, I was so depressed that I hade broke her heart and a couple of hours later I realized that I had made a huge misstake. I went to her place and talked with her and I made up an excuse to what I now realize might be ROCD, I told her that I was afraid of all the pressure that I felt that I had to know if she was "the one". After that talk, we got back together, and the first week went allright, then hell broke loose again and now I feel completely out of love and that heavy feeling in my stomach is probably again here to stay...

The things that makes me question if this is really ROCD is:
-I dont believe I have OCD
-When I go into the “I-dont-love-her-mode” I cant snap out of it and it just keeps on going
-I really feel during these times that Im with the wrong person and that I would be happier with someone els
-In my mind I seem to have really logical explanations for everything thats happening
-I might just been having two realationships that werent right
-Im just a bad guy that is unable to stand by his descisions and is afraid to be alone

this is a real ****** mess in my head and I would be very greatfull if someone could help me

Last edited by Ugglan; 01-04-2011 at 10:27 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Ugglan:
blackrockoar16 (03-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread