It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
(female)

brightspark HB User
ROCD or what?

Hi, im new to this site and thought ide post this to see if anyone had any useful advice.

Basically ive always been happy, easy going and a tad shy but the last three years ive developed panic attacks and anxiety in general and it seems to come and go. I pretty much have the panic attacks under control but I always seem to have so many worries and find it difficult to relax. I worry about things that *might* happen or things i *might* have done even though in reality i know I have nothing to worry about but I just cant help but worry. In the last six months i started to develop doubts about my fiance. I thought maybe I didnt love him etc. I have been with him 7 years and have always been so happy. He is amazing and he loves me so much. My doubts only started out of the blue one day when I stumbled upon some facebook pages of guys i'de mucked around with back in school. I remembered how exciting it was to be single. I started to remember all the details of the 'encounters' with these guys and the realisation that I would never be single again and I would never be with these guys again just dawned on me like a tonne of bricks and I felt sooo low. I suddenly wanted to go back in time. This made me feel guilty and made it hard for me to look at my fiance. I felt i was going crazy but thanks to google- and alot of googling at that, i am pretty sure I have Relationship OCD. This feeling comes and goes and every time it comes I feel so low then it will go again and make me wonder what on earth i was worried about. Right now its back after I actually ran into an ex lover 2 nights ago, this really shook me up cos I hadnt seen this guy in 8 years and to make matters worse i was drunk and I actually dont remember what on earth I was talking to him about ( I know this sounds bad but it was New years eve and I rarely drink let alone get drunk) but now as you can imagine im thinking the worst, that I probably did or said stupid things to him and I will never know. Im just a mess right now. I would really like to know what helps people get over obsessions and what I can do to help myself get through this episode. Sorry to rant on but this is my story in a large nutshell. Any help appreciated

Last edited by brightspark; 01-02-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: ******** social networking site

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread