It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

Someone Help Me HB User
........................................ ..

Last edited by Someone Help Me; 01-12-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
(male)

cuts84 HB User
Re: Relationship help....VERY SAD...Having HORRIBLE THOUGHTS

Your symptoms are very typical of OCD. People with OCD tend to over analyze and place way too much importance on random thoughts that pop into their head on a day-to-day basis. While a person who does not suffer from OCD likely has these same types of thoughts from time to time as well, they do not place importance on them. When you constantly dwell on these thoughts, it keeps them in the front of your mind and makes you think that maybe they do have some sort of meaning and aren't just random thoughts. Also, when you have to confess the thoughts to your boyfriend, you are probably just wanting reassurance from him and for him to help you not feel guilty. This is something you should try to avoid, as reassurance will only make it worse in the long run. You need to get to a point where you can quickly recognize these thoughts as OCD and not place any importance or value on them. Once you can do that, you will have no reason to dwell on them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
(female)

Someone Help Me HB User

........................................ ..

Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
(female)

angellface HB User

I do agree with the advice already given in that practicing controlling your thoughts by using what many call "skillfull thinking" by which you take control of your thoughts and not allow them take control over you is very much in order. Change your thoughts changes your life and I have done this so I know it works. What we do is when these intrusive thoughts start we just make ourselves think of something else; something which is a positive or pleasing to us. We use creative imagry to guide out thoughts to a much better place. Sometime I would have to yell out "STOP" out loud to stop them. The more I worked with this the less intrusive they became until now they seldom appear. It takes time and consistancy but I had nothing to lose by my insanity. Have you ever head of the book "Change your mind, change your life. I assure you most heartedly you can control your thoughts if you will put the work into it. The think is to stop them as soon as they start. Make yourself think of something else whenever they occur. It IS your choice. I send you many blessigs and an army of angels to assist you. You need to invite the anges into your life or they are not allowed to help you except in a case of impending death.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
(female)

Someone Help Me HB User

Closed Thread