It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
(male)

Ratboy HB User
constant anxiety

A week ago I was lying in my bed and stuggling with my thoughts and was calling out for God. Suddenly I felt God and the Devil trying to gain control of my mind. My anxiety rose through the roof and I kept tryiing to calm myself down. Now I feel as if the Devil is trying to frighten me with thoughts of taking over and I cannot deal with this anymore. I have to take anti anxiety meds several times a day just to keep the anxiety down. I do have OCD and shizophenia and have had it all my life. Is all this just part of my symtoms? I am constantly going over this ordeal over and over feeling sick to my stomach Anyone else have any similar events in there lives. Am I going crazy here?
Thank You

The following user gives a hug of support to Ratboy:
cobolsaurus (01-10-2011)
Old 01-08-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
(female)

jakers22 HB User
Re: constant anxiety

First I would describe the 'struggle between God and Devil' as a symptom of your anxiety and ocd/schiz.. you probably should tell your MD about the increase in symptoms. They are not real but you probably feel they are. I try very hard when I start wondering what it real or not, as chalking it up to symptoms of depression/anxiety or whatever. When I put it in perspective, those thoughts generally briefly calm down but I don't have experience with schizophrenia so your meds may need to be adjusted. it's not YOU..it's the disease..and you are not going crazy..your brain needs to have the chemicals balanced... I hope this helps..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
(female)

jakers22 HB User
Re: constant anxiety

I have disturbing thoughts too..but it's OCD/anxiety. The same thoughts go round and round in my brain and I get "stuck"... It's very hard to figure out the difference between what's real or not. Generally when I feel I can't get rid of a thought, I say it's part of the disease of OCD/anxiety and it helps me separate it from myself if that makes any sense. Today I wrote down what it is I fear, then what have I learned, then I already asked someone what they thought about my thought (which is what you are doing now) and put the disease in perspective..it helps to separate yourself this way..it's hard not to believe the things we think. but when something seems unrational, it usually is...

Closed Thread