It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

lizbeth0408 HB User
OCD or phobia's

I wasn't sure if I should post this on this board or the phobia board. I hope someone can help me. I have a lot of ocd/phobia issues that are impacting my life. it may sound a little strange but here goes:
I get nervous and fear going into the shower, it's worse when I have to wash my hair.
I feel unable to touch things. like I can't do the dishes, clean the apartment, etc.

I feel almost paralyzed by this. My psychiatrist has been trying different meds but the last two he has tried have done nothing for me.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Eileen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
(female)

motherocdt HB User
Re: OCD or phobia's

My teen has the same issues and others his OCD tries to take over his life, but I keep on fighting to give my teen a decent life and get his control back. He can't touch certain items. He use to wash his hands over and over and hand sterile lotion which made his hands red and cracking we went on to hand lotion with anti bacterial. He has been on meds which have helped but the OCD really puts a major strain on his life he has other disorders but this one is the hardest to find answers but I am going back to docs to find out if there is anything new or better. His touch step touch has come back I am not sure where you are out or if you ever heard of this. Life has been hard I wish I could help you but my only suggestion's if you are at stand still with doc's ask on message boards for others in your area for suggestion's for new doc's when ever I hit road block with doc and feel I am no where I move on. I wish you all the best and your in my prayers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
(female)

lizbeth0408 HB User

Thank you for responding to me. it is very debilitating. I don't know which is worse the not touching of things or fear of the shower. I feel bad cause I feel this puts alot of pressure on my husband to do the things I can't do. Thanks for writing. I really appreciate it.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
(male)

Honeywell123 HB User

Hello
I was reding your message and i feel you are suffering from OCD and the fears dominate you and so are avoiding the things.
Me too has been suffering from this Disorder and it would be my pleasure if i could share my experiences so that you could reduce your anxiety levels.
Thanks and take good care.
Honeywell123

Old 01-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
(male)

Honeywell123 HB User

HI Lizbeth
I could understand how horrible it is to undergo with such nightmares and indeed it is delitating disease.
I suggest you not to avoid things which you fear just like having a shower.
Try to do things which you have been avoiding due to fears.
Its my pleasure to help you and guide you.
Honeywell123

Old 01-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
(female)

motherocdt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeywell123 View Post
HI Lizbeth
I could understand how horrible it is to undergo with such nightmares and indeed it is delitating disease.
I suggest you not to avoid things which you fear just like having a shower.
Try to do things which you have been avoiding due to fears.
Its my pleasure to help you and guide you.
Honeywell123
Thank you

Closed Thread