It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
(female)

scared23 HB User
please read me !

Hi all !
Well I have been reading the posts and blogs on here now
For the last two weeks and today I decided to join !
I have had ocd now since I was fifteen I remeber the first day walkin to school
Ever since then I have had all the usual things as u are all aware of
For example odd an even numbers washin hands touching things numerous times
Checkin the doors are locked light switches etc all the routines.
This I can deal with an have but ever since the new year I have been invaded by horribel thoughts
They are absoloutly vile they have made me ill anxious I have lost two stone
Over the last few weeks as I can't eat. I thought I was goin crazy until I tread all of the posts on here
Can I jus say thnk u to all for bein so honest it has put me at ease !
I have been to the doctor. Who has put me on a low dosage med and awaiting to see a speciallist
I'm scared that this will last for years ! I have two questions if. Anyone can help
I have the best family and boyfriend good job why did these thoughts
Suddenly appear ? Also does any one elses mind make them feel they have done something
Even though u knw fr sure u havnt. Please help
Thank you in advance all xx

Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

Lizziek HB User
Re: please read me !

Hello scared23,

I'm sorry to hear about your intrusive thoughts, but I'm glad to know you are getting the help you need and deserve! I was just like you, in my early/mid-adolescence I started getting the obsessive part of OCD and then a few years later, out of absolutely nowhere, I had my first intrusive thought that scared me [twenty-three times, hah just kidding] out of my mind. I stayed up for days, thinking I was a complete savage. I still often [as in twenty minutes ago] think awful things about myself and others that fill me with shame, but that is the thing we must remember! We are not bad people, or else we would not feel this overwhelming guilt and be on this message board looking for answers and reassurance. I'm afraid to say, OCD never completely goes away, and intrusive thoughts are even harder to stop than the compulsions, but please do not lose hope my friend! You are already on a fantastic path by realizing you have a problem and going to the people and the medications that can help it. Some tactics I use to stray away from these highly frightening and even more highly irrational intrusive thoughts is by being distracted by television or books [quite often humor], exercise, and by trying to help people. I do hope I've helped just the tiniest bit, I know how scared and alone you feel right now, but remember all of us with OCD have a large amount of bad days, but a good day is coming! I'll leave before I start singing Annie.

Best of luck to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Lizziek For This Useful Post:
scared23 (01-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
(female)

scared23 HB User

Hey thanks for the reply.
Today am experiencin something complety weird my mind is tellin me that I did something horrible last night whist I was out. I know I never because I remember everything I did. But then I question it did I do something horrible with out realising ? Is this normal ? X

Old 01-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

kalyspice HB User

Yes I do that all the time, it drives me up the wall. Just the other day, I had on my signal light to turn right, but I didnt go right i kept going straight. I turned it on to go right automatically because I go down that street all the time. So after I went straight the whole entire drive home, i kept thinking I caused an accident. But I knew I didnt, but i couldnt help but think that i really did...

I try to remember that I really do know the real answer. But when that dosent work, i tell myself that if nothing happens as a result to what i "thought" I did in so much time that I know I will be okay

It happens to alot of people... and it sucks..

Old 01-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
(female)

scared23 HB User

Thanks fr the reply honestly its drivin me bloody crazy ! I know for a fact I didn't do any thin I keep tellin me self
Hope ure good
Xx

Old 01-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
(female)

kalyspice HB User

I'll be fine, thank you It happened to me 3-4 times this week, it really does bother me, especially when like you said.. you know you didnt do anything. That's exactly what I do, is remind myself that i truly do know the answer

Old 01-23-2011, 03:38 AM   #7
(female)

scared23 HB User
Wink Re: please read me !

Its re assurin I'm nt the only one. Thankyou x

Closed Thread