It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #1
(male)

flyman89 HB User
Difficult times with OCD

Well its been very difficult to cope with my recent intrusive thoughts. I am a pure O and it wasn't until I moved away from home for the first time when my symptoms got pretty bad to the point where I had to go on medical withdrawal from college. That was two years ago, but now it seems like I dug a hole for myself due to my drug use. I started using pot and alcohol to numb my pain but in the long run it made my OCD more difficult to manage. I stopped using pot but I have had some of the worst, most ridiculous disturbing thoughts I have ever had. Not sure if they are withdrawals cause I was using about everyday. It has been really hard to get to sleep. I recently talked to my psychiatrist about changing my meds since I may have changed my brain chemistry. He mentioned Lamictal and said I might benefit from that. I might give it a go if my obsessions get worse, but perhaps I should ditch the drugs first. Anyone else experienced this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread