It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
(male)

Spydrman HB User
Relationship ocd/ocd in general

I want to start off by saying hello to everyone as this is my first post. I absolutely love this site and am so glad i found it. Firstly i havent been diagnosed as ocd but i know for a fact i am. Im going to start off by saying i didnt really realize it until my psychologist/counsler mentioned it. The earliest i can remember was when i was around 20. I would always make sure stove knobs were turned off way too long, and i would even count out loud looking at each one also door knobs.

When i was 21, i was watching the Terry Shiavo(sorry on spelling) case and when they were talking about how she got how she was, they mentioned small quick headaches as one of her symptoms. At the time i was having small quick headaches and got the most intense butterfly, anxious, sweating, pain in my chest feeling ive ever felt. So in my mind im thinking, think of something else, so i tried to think of the most ridiculous thought and im afraid to admit this but it was of harming my own mother!!! How is that possible?! I thought i was going insane!!

This lasted for almost 3 months of nonstop thoughts of it. And iylt would occasionally jump from her, to thinking i was gay, to worrying somehow i picked up aids. I couldnt sleep, i couldnt eat. As soon as id wake up it was right there in my head.

Now im engaged to the love of my life and i think its rearing its ugly head again. We moved into an apartment together last week but it started the sunday before. We were at her grandmothers and the thought popped in my head out of nowhere. I have ups and downs. Just last night i felt 95% back to normal after upping my lexapro to 60mg. Now ive only been on 60 for about 2-3 days so i dont know if its really taking effect yet. I love this woman more than anyone ive ever been with in my life. It would destroy me to not be with her.

The two thoughts that keep bouncing in my head are am i still in love with her or do i still find her attractive. When its not one thought its the other. I have an appt set up with my dr to discuss these things cause he helped me through it last time. Its an absolute nightmare as we all know. Cause it seems to single out the most important things or people in your life. Any opinions or comments are appreciated. Thank you so much for this site! P.S. My father also has ocd. He told me of when he was at work how he used to count stuff and obsess over tiny things. Not to mention when i was a kid and wed get home, as he shut the car off hed have a ritual of going from first to second gear three or four times to make sure it was in gear. Lastly i do recall as a child i had a big fear of my parents dying. Id think about it almost nonstop especially getting ready to sleep.

Last edited by Spydrman; 02-26-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: More info

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Spydrman
lilies (03-06-2011), mombabs (03-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
(male)

Spydrman HB User
Re: Relationship ocd/ocd in general

Anyone? Please!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
(female)

mombabs HB User
Thumbs up Re: Relationship ocd/ocd in general

sounds a little much on the lexapro.hopefully your dr will be able to help you again. dont give up. i understand that with proper medication and working with a counseler will get you through it. your mind is lacking serotonin and the medication will help.talk to the ones that love you and dont keep it bottled up inside

Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
(male)

Spydrman HB User
Re: Relationship ocd/ocd in general

Thank you for your reply. It was too much as i misread the dosage lol oops. I saw my counselor today who ive seen since an early teen and we both agreed to switch from lexapro and give luvox a shot. What terrifies me is why after me and my fiance have been together so long would i have these thoughts. She is what ive been searching for for my entire life. I tell my self if i didnt love her i wouldnt break down and cry my eyes out, i wouldnt have proposed to her, we wouldnt have discussed having children down the road. Its like im testing myself and i cant stand it. After work one day i played our song and just broke down, i had to pull over because i couldnt imagine being without her. Id be destroyed.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
(female)

mombabs HB User
Smile Re: Relationship ocd/ocd in general

Good idea on seeing your counselor. I know how frustrated you are. Hopefully he gets the medication right so you can feel better soon. Whatever you do don't give up on what's important to you. I was going through the same issues with ocd and they told me to never give up. Medication and counceling made all the differance in the world. It has been a long time since I had any reaccurances so I know the help I got was worth every second. Hang in their light is at the end of the tunnel. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Closed Thread