It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

wingo22 HB User
Can Someone Please Help Me (OCD)

Hi Everyone

I am new to this board, and its my first time posting, and I need a bit of advice. I'm in my 20's and in school and know for sure that i have OCD or some type of anxiety disorder. I keep having this fear that I am hurting people when I am alone with them. I mean I know in my heart that I would never ever touch anyone, never mind try to kill them or hurt them, but sometimes when I am thinking about what I did during the day i have thoughts like "well what if I hit that person in the elevator" or " What if i choked that person this morning" I know in my heart I would never do this, but I just keep thinking about it. I keep replaying the scenerio over and over in my head every chance I get. I even look at the news to make sure noone was hit, punched, killed or assaulted at my school. But what is really weird is that every week it is something different. For example, last week I was worried that I hit someone with my car, I worried about that all week last week, now this week I have forgotten about that ( because I know i never did it) and am worrying now about another thing that I could have done this week. I know its OCD but I am just feeling scared and feel like I will got to jail and don't know what to do. ( I am going to get help , but in the meantime what can I do)
By the way im a male, not a female, idk why it says female lol
Thanks

Last edited by wingo22; 03-04-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

katrice26 HB User
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me (OCD)

Hello,

I experience many of the same thoughts. Yesterday, when I passed a woman in the parking lot I kept thinking I punched. I know that is something I would never do. I also think rude comments about people, and often wonder if I said them out loud. I keep thinking that I offended them and I must apologize. I used to think I hit a pedestrian when I was driving. I would turn around and look for an injured person. It has been years since I thought I hit someone. OCD is hard to predict. Sometimes you have mild obsessions and sometimes you are overwhelmed with thoughts. Other than medication and therapy, there is not much else we can do. The boards do help. I always feel calmer after I post. It helps you realize you are not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread