It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #31
(female)

eda44 HB User
Re: Scrupulosity/OCD - bad thoughts about people or God

the problem with me is d same i get horrifying thoughts about my mom....n these tots r bad n nly bad.....it forces me to do things dat i dnt wnt to dey blackmail me by tellin u cnt do dis much for mom...my mom goes for walk early in d mornin but i dnt wnt to go as if eel i dnt need it...so these tos say if ur nethgn happens to ur mom den u r responsible for dat n if u dnt go den even god will blame u n i am tired of des self blamin tos i believe dat thinkin of sumthng n dat thing happenin is differen i havent seen d future hw i cn predict wads gonna happen....plz help me to cope my connection wid god is disconnected plz help....:mad :

Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #32
(female)

eda44 HB User

I m tired of getting thoughts abt GOD n am i so bad dat he is dng wd me lik dis... i luv him bt luvin him is making me mre weak towards situations me nt able to face anything because of getting punished and all....IS god so much angry on me sumtimes i feel like hell out here its frustrating....dnt knw wad to do how to remove fear towards GOD d way i use luv him is d way i have started hating him plz help sumone...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #33
(female)

bethw04 HB User

my boyfriend has scrupulosity and this is what he goes through daily.

his therapist told him to ignore the thoughts- dont answer them when they happen and dont talk about them, when he ignores the thoughts they do go away.

i hope this is somewhat helpful to you

Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #34
(female)

sjcjmc HB User

I love that there is someone else willing to admit these things. I do the quick after thought as well it's the just in case thought as you said think the bad thing then think positive to negate the previous thought.

I am a Christian woman and I have faith in God. I'm also human and not perfect so when these thoughts present themselves praying and opening the Bible are really the only cures.

Thanks and goodluck, sjcjmc

Old 01-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #35
(female)

eda44 HB User

thanx a lot guys me tryin to ignore them n tryin to gt out by baby steps lets hope for d best....

Old 01-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #36
(female)

eda44 HB User

thanx a lot guys me tryin to ignore them n tryin to gt out by baby steps lets hope for d best....n thanx for commenting on my posts....n for understanding things so

Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #37
(female)

herpelow HB User

Do not feel ashamed or embarrased by any of your thoughts you post on here. All of us with OCD have had either the same obsessions os ones very similar to yours. It is the common cruelty of OCD. Any time you have a negative intrusive thought, try to "run over it" with a positive thought. When you think "Peter will get hit by a train" force it out with a quaint thought of a covered bridge in Vermont with an old steam engine pulling a train beside beautiful gold and red maple trees for example. It sounds simple and stupid but over time the bad thoughts will fade. Think of the beauty of oceans or the sound of a waterfall. It can and will get better. Good luck.

Closed Thread