It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

owlLover HB User
Unhappy Mouth biting.

Ever since I can remember I have been biting the inside and some outside of my mouth; my cheeks insides of my mouth my lips and the outside of my mouth when I have chapped lips. But recently I have been bitting my tounge just searching for loose skin. I hate the fact that I have any loose skin in my mouth. I will go to great lengths to get it out even if I have to use my hands to pull it out. I have to be told to stop by everybody around me. I have pictures of me with my thumb knuckles pushed up against the right side of my mouth so I can get a better grip of the skin. I usually have to have some type of candy in my mouth so I don't start chewing. I was just wondering is this some sort of a nervous tick or OCD?
people tell me that one day I am going to chew right through my mouth and believe it or not that has happened. I went to the dentist to get a filling and they numbed my mouth after I was done my dentist "ok now you can't eat anything or bite your lip because you may cause physical damage." What did I do? I went home ate some chips and then got bored so I started to chew my lip(mind you i do it without a notice i am doing it.) I was watching tv and final noticed went to look at my lip and it was bleeding and was blue from brusing. It hurt like the firing flames of hell after the feeling came back from to my mouth. I had to use a straw to drink and couldn't really eat anything. But does that stop me from biting? Nope. It bugged the crap out of me that i had loose skin around the wound and when to bite on it and had pain shoot down my body. Any advise as to how I can stop? please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread