It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

YesDin HB User
Anxiety daily.. Looking for advice

I'm a 26 year old female. Every day I have this constant anxiety from the moment I drive to work until the end of the day. I am in a great relationship and I am in constant fear that one day he will just fall out of love with me and break it off. I have no reason to feel this way. Everything has been fine. But I cannot help to think that "today could be the day" that I get a bad phone call. I've even managed to convince myself that certain things I do may be bad luck. I feel like it's almost OCD related, but I'm obviously no doctor or professional. I won't listen to certain songs. I won't do certain other things because I feel like they may somehow indirectly lead to the downfall of things in my life. It's beyond superstition. I really felt like I needed to get it out and just see what people might be able to say to me. I need feed back. I was never like this when I was younger, but I was in a bad relationship a few years before I met my boyfriend and I feel like that completely messed up my mind. I've learned from it and will never make the mistake of letting someone treat me poorly again, but I believe he definitely left me with some damage. I used to be depressed all the time in my old relationship, and that has fortunately gone away since meeting my boyfriend now. Again, I really would like some feedback so maybe I can stop feeling so crazy. Thanks again.

The following user gives a hug of support to YesDin:
sarcaz87 (11-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
(female)

YesDin HB User
Re: Anxiety daily.. Looking for advice

and one more thing to add to this... i've been having trouble controlling my wandering thoughts... i just think about one thing and i can't let it go, usually a useless worry.. any strategies to help this go away or at least keep it under control?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

I can only suggest at this point to make an appointment with your doctor. There are was to help you with this, whether it be medication or as simple as a little therapy. You just won't know until you see a doctor. It appears to me its a bit of anxiety and maybe some depression. But its not unusual for them to come hand in hand. Theres help out there and here.

Your not alone, we are always here even if you just need to vent please keep us posted.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
(female)

YesDin HB User

thank you for responding... yeah the anxiousness sucks.. and it does come and go, but some days it's hard to control... and i don't feel depressed or sad really, unless i bring it on myself by thinking of bad outcomes to like everything in life.. i make myself mad because it's all for no real reason.. it's sparked by nothing but my mind.. it's nice to be able to vent tho.. that helps...

Old 10-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
(female)

Flaurel HB User
Talking Re: Anxiety daily.. Looking for advice

I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I worry and feel anxious about life in general. I recommend contacting your doctor. When anxiety is taking over your daily life, you need to find help. Mine is controlled with medication as well as therapy. Just take the first step and call your doctor.
Good luck to you!

Closed Thread