It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

YesDin HB User
I think I may have OCD

As I've gotten older, signs have become more prominent to me and I've done some research on OCD to lead me to believe I may have it.

I won't listen to certain songs on the radio or my Ipod because I believe they're bad luck... and it's for no reason. I don't even enjoy listening to music in the car anymore.

I also have crazy thoughts constantly that my serious boyfriend doesn't love me as much as he loved his ex girlfriend (who is engaged to another man and hasn't spoken to him in about 4 years). I get overly jealous inside if something at all comes up about his past, or if he brings something up. It's not often that it occurs, but if it does I just get overwhelmed with sadness. I know it's not normal.

I also constantly feel the need to repeat a phrase in my head in multiples of three in order to avoid some kind of downfall in my life. This consumes me and I don't feel comfortable until I feel as though I got it right.

You'd never know it by looking at me, and I don't talk about this with anyone. I rarely show my emotions about all these things, but it's extremely frustrating. I feel kind of weak minded and I don't know how to break through.

Anyone with advice or something to say would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
(male)

BonhamPage17 HB User
Re: I think I may have OCD

I'm no expert, but it sounds like you might have OCD. I've struggled a lot with OCD throughout my entire life, and I can say that seeking help from both friends/family and professionals is a REALLY good idea. I started taking 20mg Lexapro everyday and talk to a social worker once a week, and it has helped me so much. My symptoms are not entirely gone, for I still worry about certain things a lot more than I'd like to, but they are sooooo much better. I hope you decide to get help, and if you don't, don't give up on yourself. Things can and will get better with time, just keep fighting. Good luck!

- Eminem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread