It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
(female)

restlessheart HB User
New to the forum

Hi everyone ~

I just joined here, thought I'd say hello. Through encouragement from a friend, I joined this forum as a way to get out my problems with OCD and hopefully connect with others out there like me. I'm 23 and have had OCD for as long as I can remember - my earliest memory of having a thought that made it feel like my whole was crashing down was when I was probably two. I've never been "officially" diagnosed - I can't seem to make myself actually go to a therapist, doctor, etc. My mom and my father had it. I guess it's genetic.

Anyhow, for a good long while as a teen, I got my OCD under control. Now that I'm an adult with pressures of work and life on my own, my OCD is getting worse than it's ever been. Some days are better than others - I can fight off the obsessions and fears, other days I feel entirely trapped by own nonsensical mind tricks. It's a frustrating cycle.

Well, I guess I'll stop rambling now. . . I just wanted to say hello.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
(female)

PinkIcecream HB UserPinkIcecream HB User
Re: New to the forum

Hi, welcome to Health Boards. Must've been hard, dealing with OCD from such a young age! I recently turned fourteen, but I was diagnosed about a year ago by my therapist; these days, I guess I'm handling it okay. My thoughts still bug me sometimes, and I get this frustrating feeling that no other person my age could actually get something like OCD; I told my closest friends about it, and my "best" friend told me to talk to her about it, cause she could understand, but I know for a fact that she wouldn't. OCD is a bothersome condition that no one can understand if they don't actually have it inside their heads; and even then, it's not a very understandable problem, if you know what I mean... Sorry, I'm rambling, as always... Anyway, just wanted to say welcome and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread