It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
(female)

Tabbytaffy1 HB User
My child has ocd intrusive thoughts

My 13yr daughter 2 months ago started having suicidal thoughts or visions. She is in no way suicidal but she says the thought plays like a movie she can't stop in her mind. She doesn't have any of the other signs I've been reading about with ocd the counting, our hand washing, as a young child she would have to touch something that she thought of as uncomfortable to (in her words) "just see what it felt like" ex. I was putting on my make up with a big blush brush as she watched me she had to reach up and feel my face to see what it (the brush) felt like to my face. Another time she was sitting inside a vehicle that bondo was being sanded off of when they stopped sanding she had to get out and touch the outside of the vehicle where it was being sanded. She is most definately not a cleaning fanatic by any means. And side from the touching thing has no other issues. Then out if the blue I find out she is having these thoughts that she says she can not control and doesn't want to be having. She is my whole world, and I would do anything to help her. My question is shouldn't there have been more warning signs before it went from no real ocd patterns to suicidal intrusive thinking? Shouldn't there have been a build up, do even mild cases that don't have huge impacts on daily life go from no serious life altering issues to debilitating suicidal thinking? Now that she has finally came out with it, or I have drug it out should I say. She says the thoughts are going away. I fear there are things she still isn't telling me though. For fear of upsetting me, ever since she was a baby she has had a need to protect me. I'm her mother and she puts me before herself and always has. Someone please help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread