It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
(male)

pgrib HB User
Have had ocd for 30 years roughly

Hi folks,
Just a short history of my OCD strory. It began when I was 18 years old, didn't know what it was, didnt have a clue. It finished with college. couldnt focus etc. Went through a number of average jobs but couldn't hold them down. Then about 1996-97 I got a really sever attach and took to the bed. Didn't want to get up anymore. So, between the jigs & and reels we got me into a good hospital who after some time diagnosed me with OCD. So, I lived for 15 years not knowing what the hell was wrong with me. I met a great CBT therapist there and I'v worked with her since. We generally use ERP which I find very tough to do. At the beginning I'm saying, this is not going to work, The exposures are actually going to make it worse but sooner rather than later the practice of the ERP starts to give me a different, more balanced view of the obssessive prompt in the first place. I also use the MEDS to help me work through the CBT stuff, the 2 complement each other. I'm right in the middle of an OCD attact these past few days so I'll post progress as time passes - P.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
(female)

mommymee HB User
Re: Have had ocd for 30 years roughly

going thru one of those attacks myself. day 7 for me. intrusive thoughts. I am losing my apetite wich isnt all bad. maybe I'll lose weight. but I lost all my other interrest in life. how long does a bout usually last for u. usually for me every 6 months to a yr I have an attack wich lasts several weeks,,maybe 1 month usually? it wears it's welcome out but the first days ,,its very bad. just started prozac again. wishing you well .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread