It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
(male)

NDLCF76 HB User
Unhappy help me please!!

i have ocd and i dont know what to do. i keep thinking these horrible thoughts and im never at peace becuase if i dont do something or think it or say it enough times in the right way in the right order while i look and think something at the same time my feelings will fade or i will think differently and im scared becuase as i type this i feel numb becuase i wasnt able to complete my OCD. someone please help me. i feel like theres no way out and im scared for what i might become. im scared guys. the thoughts always in my head. and i just i cant even type this paper without it happening thank you so much for reading this and commenting on this. thank you so much for helping me! it means so much to me!

Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
(female)

PinkIcecream HB UserPinkIcecream HB User
Re: help me please!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I know what you're going through, I went through the exact same thing; I also had that thing about the feelings fading or feeling numb because I didn't do a compulsion "right" or whatever. I know it feels horrible, but trust me, eventually it'll get better. Be sure that there is NO way you'll do ANY of those horrible OCD thoughts, and tell that to yourself every day. Write it on a sticky note and paste it on to yourself if you have to. And anytime you see one of those nasty thoughts coming again, you just repeat "it's not me, it's just my OCD, it's not me, it's just my OCD". Just say it like you would say any other phrase, don't turn it into a compulsion, like if you don't say it the right rythm or way it's not gonna work, nothing like that. Trust me, you needn't be afraid of what you'll become because truth is you're not gonna become some horrible psychopath killer or anything: the fact that you're so scared and horrified by those OCD thoughts is the proof that you won't do them! So just try to relax and enjoy the things you liked, as always, and be sure to ignore those ugly OCD thoughts; I know, I know, it's way easier said than done, but you have to make this effort. Do your very best to swat the OCD thoughts away, and with time they won't bother you so much anymore. It's true that OCD is a very persuasive "illness", but be sure that you have it in you to fight this thing off. Good luck with everything!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
(male)

Yellow Lab HB User

See Tired of Suffering post....2/10....I know how you feel...the meds and help I am receiving really good

Old 03-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
(female)

herpelow HB User

I know exactly how you feel. I realize my user name is in 3 different places on the healthboard. Yes I am a former sufferer of OCD and I currently have epilepsy and type 1 herpes! Of these 3 afflictions I can tell you OCD was the worst! I too had the problems you face with wording and phrasing in the correct way. Think to yourself how much importance you give to other people "wording things correctly". Why judge yourself any harder than you would anyone else? DO NOT GIVE IN to any compulsion to "go over the conversations in your head"or repeat it to yourself in any way. It is possible to get to a point to not give in to compulsions. It is kind of like kicking a bad habit. You suffer with temptation but if you make it through with a strong will the reward is great! This will build your confidence to not give in over and over. I have currently been OCD free for about 21 years. I had a severe case of it as well. I spent a great deal of my teenage years hospitalized with it. You CAN make it. I am a mother, wife and college graduate. I would have never believed this would have been possible for me at the height of OCD. Good luck. It will be ok.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
(female)

herpelow HB User

I also suffered with terrible thoughts. They were usually centered around disgusting sexual and/or
Inappropriate religious thoughts. I know if you are having sexual thoughts you may be thinking "this user gave in to her thoughts because she has herpes!" Not in my case. I contracted it from not being careful enough with infection control in the dental office. I had it on my hands from a patient's mouth and gave it to myself that way when I went to the bathroom. Sounds crazy but true. The evilness of OCD is that it seems to attack you with the thoughts/images that disgust you the most. You have to come to the point that you believe/accept it is OCD not who you are. Keep reminding yourself of this and fight like HELL not to give in to compulsions.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
(female)

herpelow HB User
Wink Re: help me please!!

I also suffered with terrible thoughts. They were usually centered around disgusting sexual and/or
Inappropriate religious thoughts. I know if you are having sexual thoughts you may be thinking "this user gave in to her thoughts because she has herpes!" Not in my case. I contracted it from not being careful enough with infection control in the dental office. I had it on my hands from a patient's mouth and gave it to myself that way when I went to the bathroom. Sounds crazy but true. The evilness of OCD is that it seems to attack you with the thoughts/images that disgust you the most. You have to come to the point that you believe/accept it is OCD not who you are. Keep reminding yourself of this and fight like HELL not to give in to compulsions.

Closed Thread

Tags
help asap, ocd, please lend me your attention.