It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
(male)

mattpike400 HB User
I need help with OCD/paranoia, can't sleep, can't do anything

I have had OCD since I was a kid and my paranoia started to get bad 5 years ago. My paranoia feels different then my OCD but it mixes with my OCD. I used to be paranoid about things to do with my PC, before that I was paranoid about things to do with people doing bad things to men, and now I'm paranoid about the bad things happening to men.

I was in therapy for OCD for a year, they thought I had psychosis one time my paranoia was so bad.

This is how my paranoia works. It will be about something I read online, I'll use one of my examples, I read before that men don't live as long as women. When I read that I had to search and see if men can live longer then women, and when I read that they can, I am not as paranoid. Later I will randomly think about it again and I will have to read those same answers again, even if I remember what the people said.

Thats not the only thing I worry about so it wouldn't be good to talk about if women live longer, but thats how my paranoia works. Yesterday I was online all day asking questions on different sites about things I worry about. I could barely sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about it all. How can I stop worrying?? I don't really want to take medication and if I want therapy, I can't get in for 6 months. I can't leave the house much because I'm worried about our house being broken into, I could leave the house to go to therapy but I can't get in yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

Eyes2thesky HB UserEyes2thesky HB UserEyes2thesky HB UserEyes2thesky HB User
Re: I need help with OCD/paranoia, can't sleep, can't do anything

Hi Mattpike,

Seems like you may need to think about trying both meds and some therapy. I know it must be really difficult struggling in this sort of limbo waiting to get into therapy but I think you're doing the right things. I'd suggest seeing just one person for your meds. That way, you can collaborate with just the one person if the meds arent what you thought they would be. Collaboration sort of takes the fear out of them right? I just say that because I've done it where people have just sort of told me what to take and I didnt know any better so I just went a long, and that I do not recommend. I have a hard time trying any new medications myself, but as long as my Dr. agrees that if I say stop, we stop, then I'm good. In the mean time though, I'd suggest picking up some books on whats going on with you. Get yourself educated on your disorders (I guess OCD and Paranoia and maybe GAD) Gather some ideas from those books for exersises you can try that dont require a perscription. (I do aromatherapy and breathing stuff plus just understanding helps a lot) because you shouldnt suffer for 6 months, you dont deserve that. Anyway, I hope you start feeling better, I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. Hope things get back on track soon!

Eyes

Closed Thread

Tags
ocd, paranoia