It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

ivy1980 HB User
How do you know....

Hi, I am new to this site and this is my first time posting. I have been having some "issues" with certain things for a while, and I was wondering if maybe some one could help decide if whether or not these things are OCD. Since there are *several* things...I will start with the ones I've had the longest and bother me the *least*.

1. Teeth Brushing- The sound of it drives me INSANE!! I run the water full blast the whole time I'm doing it to cover up the sound. When someone else is doing it (my kids for example) I just go downstairs, or somewhere where I cant hear it.

2. Rubbing Carpet/Upholstery/Certain Fabrics With My Hands- The feel of it makes me CRINGE and makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!! Can't stand it!!

3. Dirty Bathtubs/Slimy Shower Curtains/Moldy Bathmats- This is a BAD one...the thought of it makes my heart race and my SKIN CRAWL!! I would never in a million years take a bath...I only shower in my shower stall. The thought of sitting down in a bathtub gives me big time anxiety, as it could be not clean. Same goes for the thought of touching a slimy shower curtain. The thought of looking into a bathtub and seeing a moldy shower mat makes me want to faint. I've even had nightmares about these things...

4. The Need To Organize/Being A Perfectionist/Cleaning- This is a hard one to have when you have kids! Trying to keep the house perfect when you have little ones getting crumbs, etc. everywhere will drive you NUTS!! Also I have to oversee ALL of their homework and make sure everything on it is PERFECT (handwriting, sentences, etc.) I KNOW it annoys them =(

5. MAJOR ANXIETY OVER DRIVING- If I am driving somewhere and god forbid the exit I am supposed to get off at is CLOSED and I have to get off somewhere *else* OR if I accidentally get lost when I'm driving I will go into FULL BLOWN panic attack mode and pull over at the nearest place that has a parking lot and LOSE IT! Just start bawling my eyes out and hyperventilating....its AWFUL. I will sit there in the car until I can pull it together and figure out where I'm at and how to get home...and if I truly don't know where I am I will call my husband and he will tell me how to get turned around. =(

6. Routines- I have a very specific daily routine that I do every day. I have certain things that I do at certain times, every day and if something happens and it interrupts my schedule I have a very hard time dealing with it and I get quite upset. I also do *some* counting along with my routine but not with EVERYTHING. For example, I do 2 1/2 pumps of lotion for my arms & 10 spritzes of body spray...but again, I don't do this with EVERYTHING...

Well if anyone reads all of this I appreciate it ANY input you may have is greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread