Hi, I am new to this site and this is my first time posting. I have been having some "issues" with certain things for a while, and I was wondering if maybe some one could help decide if whether or not these things are OCD. Since there are *several* things...I will start with the ones I've had the longest and bother me the *least*.
1. Teeth Brushing- The sound of it drives me INSANE!! I run the water full blast the whole time I'm doing it to cover up the sound. When someone else is doing it (my kids for example) I just go downstairs, or somewhere where I cant hear it.
2. Rubbing Carpet/Upholstery/Certain Fabrics With My Hands- The feel of it makes me CRINGE and makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!! Can't stand it!!
3. Dirty Bathtubs/Slimy Shower Curtains/Moldy Bathmats- This is a BAD one...the thought of it makes my heart race and my SKIN CRAWL!! I would never in a million years take a bath...I only shower in my shower stall. The thought of sitting down in a bathtub gives me big time anxiety, as it could be not clean. Same goes for the thought of touching a slimy shower curtain. The thought of looking into a bathtub and seeing a moldy shower mat makes me want to faint. I've even had nightmares about these things...
4. The Need To Organize/Being A Perfectionist/Cleaning- This is a hard one to have when you have kids! Trying to keep the house perfect when you have little ones getting crumbs, etc. everywhere will drive you NUTS!! Also I have to oversee ALL of their homework and make sure everything on it is PERFECT (handwriting, sentences, etc.) I KNOW it annoys them =(
5. MAJOR ANXIETY OVER DRIVING- If I am driving somewhere and god forbid the exit I am supposed to get off at is CLOSED and I have to get off somewhere *else* OR if I accidentally get lost when I'm driving I will go into FULL BLOWN panic attack mode and pull over at the nearest place that has a parking lot and LOSE IT! Just start bawling my eyes out and hyperventilating....its AWFUL. I will sit there in the car until I can pull it together and figure out where I'm at and how to get home...and if I truly don't know where I am I will call my husband and he will tell me how to get turned around. =(
6. Routines- I have a very specific daily routine that I do every day. I have certain things that I do at certain times, every day and if something happens and it interrupts my schedule I have a very hard time dealing with it and I get quite upset. I also do *some* counting along with my routine but not with EVERYTHING. For example, I do 2 1/2 pumps of lotion for my arms & 10 spritzes of body spray...but again, I don't do this with EVERYTHING...
Well if anyone reads all of this I appreciate it
ANY input you may have is greatly appreciated!