It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
(female)

Natylixious HB User
obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Omg! You guys have NO IDEA!, for how long i've been searching for a reasonable answer to this problem of mines with my hair, since i was little i used to play with my hair but only when i drank my bottle of milk, my god mother was concern and told my mom to take me to a doctor cuz that was anxiety symptoms, but my mom since i was just a kid she thought it was just a temporary thing, nothing to be worried about, but while time was passing by i started to get worst, it feels sooo goood its like im feeding myself out of it, but at the same time it makes me run out of energy, i feel really tired even my arm hurts, but now is even worst than that, now i even have stupid ways to walk at certain areas of my house i wash my hands like a lunatic, the way to express myself totally changed i dont remember words while talking, i always forget it i used to be really good at languages but now i cant even pronunciate most of the words properly, and if i turn off the lights for a simple example so that u can understand i just have to turn it on again and shut it off again over and over again to the point where i have to ask my brother to do it for me cuz he already knew what was going to happen, when i read Ugh!, cant remember a thing, sometimes when i spent the whole day playing with my hair my brain hurts, for me this is the badest out of all this bad habits and is that i think about alot of tragedies, it come out of the blue they just pop into my head, and i start to pray over and over again cuz i dont feel satisfied, this is beyond embarrasing and weird, my hair thats a 24/7 playground for my fingers and i dont even know what to do anymore, ive tried to stop myself from doing it and while im not playing with it, i feel with energy i feel focus, but than again i fall back into the same bad habit, something else i cant concentrate at all!!!, i never ever had such a bad memory but now, i even forget what was i talking to whatever person i was having a conversation with, i dont feel like myself at all, not even a bit of my own person, this may sound stupid or crazy but for real therss poinfs where i have to convince myself that i really exist, that im Nathalie, that i do exist in my body, etc,... And it sucks to tell my husband whats happening to me when i see on his eyes that he doesnt understand me at all, thanks everybody u just made my life.

From,
Natylixious

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
(female)

decipheringlife HB User
Re: obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Wow, that wasn't an easy read lol but I understood it...

No, you're not the only one. You're not crazy. I know how awful it feels to think that others around you may think you're insane (perhaps your husband), but it's only because they don't yet understand these symptoms. Maybe now that you are aware of what's going on with you, you can gather info on the symptoms and treatments (and on counselors etc) for yourself and for him to read, and I'm sure he'll be supportive of you once he has a better understanding.

Best of luck to you and your family...

Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
(female)

Natylixious HB User
Re: obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

Sorry, is that i couldnt content my excitement after finding out i wasnt the only one and i had to let it all out, i feel better now that my husband saw and understand what this OCD is all about, and Thank you!, Thank you! to yall guys, cuz if it wouldnt be for yall, i would not be having such relief.

Thank You!

Closed Thread