It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

MissyEL HB User
HELP(Having a hard time w/ Intrusive thoughts)

For the last 3 weeks I've been depressed. I keep trying to go back and ask myslef how did I get to this point. I never in my life suffered from a mental illness or a nervous breakdown. Now Im feeling like Im sinking fast. The part of OCD that im dealing with is scrupulosity. It's making me think of negative things about my love ones all the time. When I think about them negative thoughts come on. It's hard because the thoughts keep getting worser and worser. I would never harm anyone. I cannot control the thoughts. They come on often. I can't go to a doctor because I don't have insurance. I need help extremely bad. Im scared to death. It's hard to function in my social life or meeting new people because soon they become part of the negative thoughts.

Last edited by MissyEL; 03-13-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: HELP(Having a hard time w/ Intrusive thoughts)

Hey MissyEL, yea intrusive thoughts can really disturb even to the point of feeling helpless. But there is a way to treat them, CBT therapy works great but meanwhile you can read some books that have help me a lot like "Imp of The mind" by Lee Baer, great self help book. Some tips that I can tell you is that you have to see those intrusive thoughts like harmless "mental noise". When an Intrusive Thought pops up, label the thought as an OCD thought and not your own desire neither is what you feel deep inside. Also when the thought pops up don't fight against it just let it go, let it flow it is just noise nothing bad will happen to you or your love ones.
Hope this helps, if the symptoms get worse it will be wise to seek for professional help whenever you have the chance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
(male)

tenbenny HB User
Re: HELP(Having a hard time w/ Intrusive thoughts)

I've been there. The Lee Baer book is very good. I think you might find it helpful. Remember to tell yourself that these thoughts are all part of your OCD, not *you*, the conscious you that knows what you believe.

Hang in there!

Closed Thread