It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
(male)

ts713 HB User
I would like to think what I'm experiencing is OCD.

Hey everybody. So for the past year or so, I have been having really weird thoughts/ things come up in my head that I do not want. Let me first say that i'm getting into my late teens and am in high school. Up until recently I was taking Zoloft, as according to the doctor my brain does not make much if any saratonin.

I have a girlfriend who I have been dating for almost 2 years. The first thoughts I had started randomly one day. I was getting lunch and then all of the sudden after seeing some girl, thoughts of her and others slowly manifested themselves in my head. I did not want to be with them, but sexual thoughts and the like would continue popping up. I felt really guilty, as I had a girlfriend and only wanted to have her on my mind. The thoughts only got worse no matter what I tried to do to get rid of them. I couldn't deal with all the guilt, so I told my girlfriend and at first she was mad but then understood. These thoughts still occur, and now I feel as if I have to do some weird mental thing where I think of her only before I do certain things such as go to bed. If other girls pop up, It starts over and I won't sleep until no other girl pops up. Really odd, I know haha.

Recently, something popped up in my head after reading something about a kid who needed tutored at our elementary school. I have no idea why, but all of the sudden a thought of being inappropriate to him popped up. I really hate typing that, as I am not that type of person at all. After this, I could not shake the thought. After a few days and now weeks, seeing or hearing children will bring up these thoughts and they will just pop up by themselves. Being a teenager and having a lot of raging hormones (this is going to sound really odd, so please bear with me) I will sometimes just feel stuff down there when the thoughts come up. Not extreme feelings or anything, but enough to make me feel sick. I feel when one disturbing thought pops up, it starts a chain reaction.

If this sounds like OCD or something to you, please let me know. I feel I cannot be as happy or go through my days feeling normal with these thoughts. I often think look at all these happy people around me, they don't get these thoughts. Thank you for reading this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
(female)

wishing2bwell HB User
Re: I would like to think what I'm experiencing is OCD..

I'm on here myself because I think I have OCD. And I have read on here (where are all those posts now?) about people going through the same thing as you. I saw posts on here - years ago now - where women who were breastfeeding had horrible panic attacks and they seemed lucky in one respect - they had understanding partners, husbands etc. I used to have the same kind of thoghts and had to try really hard get get my head on straight - it took me 3 years before I could function normally. I agoraphobia, panic attacks, etc. Now they are back. And I live alone which makes it worse. I find myself isolating myself - I'm even afraid to take a bath now which back then I didn't seem to have that problem. From what I've read on here it sounds like OCD. But I can tell you one thing YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Closed Thread

Tags
ocd, thoughts, weird