It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

lovekg HB User
please help :/

Hi everyone,
I had no idea there was a place like this on the web. I'm not sure if you will be able to help but I can't think of anything else. Tharapy isn't an option because I'm only seventeen and my mom won't take me. I have had problems with this ever sinse I was a child. I can remember doing things over and over because I didn't want anything bad to happen to the ones I loved. About a month ago, the person closest to me and my grandpa passed away within two days of each other, sinse then my ocd has been spiriling out of control. Everyday seems like a journey that I'm tired of taking. I can see it progressing because now I tell myself that if I don't do this then I have to hurt someone or worse. And its tearing my apart. What if one day I loose it and actaully do, I am so scared. I have a great life ahead of me and I feel like this is holding me back.. please help. I would rather die than hurt anyone.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: please help :/

Hi lovekg, Iam sorry for your loss. I also suffer from OCD and it is really important to seek for professional help it really can change your life, I strongly recommend seeking therapy by any means. Anyhow some things that may help; Try to think OCD as an independent "being" or mental noise any thought that comes from it is not you own but OCD. If the thought you are obsessed over causes distress or pain then it indicates that it is OCD and you will never act upon it. Also it causes a lot of suffering because you are trying to fight against it, your obsessing, accept that OCD is not you
Hope this help, I really recommend therapy but if you can't try reading some books about it like Imp of The mind by Lee Baer it is an auto help book about OCD it help me aside from therapy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
(female)

lovekg HB User

Thankyou for your reply train of thought! When your seeking help do you have to go through your doctor or can you contact a therapist directly? It's nice to know others have gotten through this! Most people don't understand how terrible this is which makes it harder to talk to the people closest to me.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
(male)

Well first I passed a few years not knowing what I was suffering from, then I searched high and low in the internet until I found out that the OCD symptoms were the same as the ones I was experiencing. I told my parents which gave me tons of support and I went to neurologist, which happens to be a friend of my father, he ask some questions and send me to a psychiatrist and a psychologist for some test. To make the story short I had a better experience with my psychiatrist which gave me the contact to a CBT therapist which specializes on OCD.
I agree with you most people don't understand and think that obsessive intrusive thoughts can be shook off or that by will power you can get better, this is totally false OCD is a disorder as any other it needs to be treated and understand.
Well I think that if you go to a regular doctor he will send you right into a psychiatrist in which he or she will know if you need meds and the right therapy for you.
Hope this helps
ToT

Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
(female)

lovekg HB User

Thankyou for your reply! I still have the problem of how.to tell my doctor.. my life feels like its being turned upside down, I don't understand how this could happen because a few months ago I loved my life and never had a thougt of EVER hurting anyone, and now in my head every single person that I love is being tossed around. I feel like all the love I have is gone, it really scares me because what if I loose it and actually hurt someone or worse. I have contimplated leaving or getting away from everyone, its hard for me to even look at anyone. I feel like there's no way out of this

Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
(male)

Believe me you won't loose it and yes there is a way out, I know that the future seems dark but you go to be brave things will fix up. As for your doctor tell him you got some unwanted thoughts that you cannot shake them off and that you are experiencing a lot of anxiety. I know it is pretty difficult to tell someone about your condition but hey you already talked it out here it is just another step to tell your doctor. Due to anxiety you are having this unwanted thoughts just remember let them go don't fight, if a thought about hurting somebody pops up don't fight it label it as OCD thought not yours and let it go.
I hope you get better soon,
TOT

Closed Thread