It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
(male)

StupidBoy91 HB User
New to this site, Harm OCD

Hey guys, i'm new to this site, I've just been havin' a really tough time lately. I've been suffering with harm OCD since last October and it's been a literal nightmare. I'm 20 years old and I've always been extremely loving, empathetic, sympathetic, and never knew how someone could hurt or kill another human being or any living thing. Then the harm OCD came along and has torn me apart There have been periods where I felt I might've been getting better, but over all it seems that i'm just getting worse and worse.

The intrusive thoughts have evolved into urges. But I feel like these are real urges...idk what to do. I'm not disturbed by the thoughts anymore or grossed out by them like I used to be, the emotional reaction to them is gone, I feel like i'm in hell It's like the real me has died due to the OCD. I don't want this, I want to be myself again, I want to be disgusted and disturbed by these thoughts, not questioning if I like them or really want to act on them. And they are focused on my mom which is the hardest part and she has always been the person in life I've been the closest to...

I know it says online on OCD websites and stuff that people with OCD never act on their thoughts and never want to, but could my harm OCD have evolved into some other kind of mental disorder? Or does this still just sound like OCD messing with me?

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: New to this site, Harm OCD

Hi StupidBoy91, Yea OCD makes you feel like another person, I used to think that I had a double personality or something like that when I didn't know that I suffered from OCD, and I agree it feels like hell it just wants to make you scream in despair. OCD is a disorder that produces a lot of doubt and confusion, one thing that help me in my recovering was that if you feel bad about those thoughts then it is not you it is OCD, in other words OCD is mental junk don't listen to it, it is just a thought it won't hurt you. I suffer from a lot of types of OCD and one of them is harm OCD, I never act upon a thought but I suffered a lot, I also had obsessive thoughts about harming my mother, sister my nephews and basically everyone I love. Believe in yourself you are there, OCD is not you.
I recommend therapy it really makes a difference, remember you are not alone.
Train of thought

Closed Thread