It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
(female)

Lindsey47 HB User
Lightbulb I'm brand new here, 16 Pure-OCD,and an ignorant mother.

Please PM me for more details.

Last edited by Lindsey47; 05-01-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: I'm brand new here, 16 Pure-OCD,and an ignorant mother.

Hi Lindsey47, from what you had written I can say that it is OCD, and those intrusive thoughts of yours are very painful I know this because I have them, very similar to yours. Well first of all I am not a professional, not yet, I had received CBT and psychiatric help for over a year and I can say it those make a difference. It is true that many people don't understand mental disorders and believe they are just a lack of will, an indicator of weakness or something like that, well it is a disorder and you can't just shook it away. If therapy isn't an option, witch I strongly recommend to see a professional, you can try by reading some books about OCD, there are tons of self help books like Lee Baer's Imp of the Mind, it helped me a lot. As far as some tips try to identify those unwanted thoughts as OCD thoughts and not yours, your desires and your true thoughts in any manner are NOT represented by intrusive thoughts. Whatever you do don't fight those OCD thoughts or think over them, you have to let them through, let them go away, don't fight them accept it as what they are; intrusive thoughts.( if you fight or resist it will get worse). Remember they can't hurt you, come true or anything like that, they are just thoughts.
I wish this will help in someway, just remember let them go don't fight or ruminate over them, differentiate OCD thoughts from yours and be brave.
Train of Thought

The following user gives a hug of support to TrainOfThought:
Lindsey47 (05-01-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrainOfThought For This Useful Post:
Lindsey47 (05-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
(female)

waterfalls76 HB User
Re: I'm brand new here, 16 Pure-OCD,and an ignorant mother.

I strongly encourage a book titled,"The Thought That Counts" by Jared Douglas Kant. 'A firsthand account of one teenager's experience with obsessive-compulsive disorder'. It hurts when a close family member is rude, insensitive, or just unwilling to learn.

Closed Thread