It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
(male)

mailforocd HB User
need and try remember everything perfectly

Hello everybody

my problem is that exactly;

and i think maybe someone may answer my question about ocd.

please read and answer it. ( sory for my english)

i always but always in every time i need to check my memory capacity and my intelligence.
so i always try remember peoples' face but i never be convinced when i remebered face. i want remember very very very clearly. in fact i can do this clearly usually. but sometimes i cant but i trust my memory and intelligence. so i think why i cant remmber clearly. so have a hypohtesis and i ask you that : is my hypothesis true?

my hypothesis that basicly: if want to remember a object or to feel a emotion intentionally and force my brain to do this my brain can't this. i dont know exactly what happening in my brain
but i think that when i try remember or feel an emotin intentionaly ;
( for ex. i read a news that a mother lost his child and immediately i ask myself that what does she feel ? can i feel as her ?...
and i try feel as her so i cant i cant. )

but when dont try like this so i can feel as someone very clearly but when i try this intentionaly i cant.

so i say again my hypothesis is that basicly: if want to remember a object or to feel a emotion intentionally and force my brain to do this my brain can't this. i dont know exactly what happening in my brain
but i think that when i try remember or feel an emotin intentionaly.
i think maybe when i try remember or try feel intentionaly an electrical signal goes somewhere and bloke the my remebering systems.
(i dont know, only want explain my question to you)

but if some image or feeling comes instantly i can remember , see or feel very clearly. but if i want and try i can't.

what is this ? am ı right ?

please answer my question. is hypothesis true ? or there is another problem.

thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
(female)

Annie Ku HB User
Re: need and try remember everything perfectly

I have a thing about remembering faces and moments intentionally to make sure that I remember them in the future. I think this is one of the things you are trying to say.

It's hard for me not to, but I find that if I'm not just living in the present time and moment, that it's more difficult to remember how you felt. I remember things more if I'm not trying to remember for the future.

Or if you're having a hard time feeling what you felt during a past moment, that if you just enjoy the memory, then it will be a lot easier to remember how you felt. Forcing a memory or a feeling never works. It's when we just daydream about things is when they come back the way they were.

I hope I understood, and may have been some help.

Last edited by Annie Ku; 07-18-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Closed Thread