It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
(male)

Fedex246 HB User
Rocd or dont love? Help please!!!!

Hey I'm fedex I'm 19 male and have had depression for 6 months! I have been on celexa initially due to unwanted gay thoughts! With medication and cbt this has greatly improved and I am much better! I can definately see more clearly that I am sexual more attracted to girls than guys! So don't write maybe your gay etc!
My problem now is that I have a gf which I've had for 1 year! She's great but I have become obsessed over the fact that maybe I don't love her! I can't picture or remember her and when I do I don't feel anything anymore!
I worry that I don't live my gf the way other guys live there gfs! I'm scared that I just don't live her anymore and that it's not my OCD or anxiety!
The reason for this is because a lit of the time it feels so real and it does really feel like I don't live her anymore which is not what I want! Can anyone give me some advice or guidance! Thanks! Reply ASAP

Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
(male)

jtsungi HB User
Re: Rocd or dont love? Help please!!!!

you are worried that maybe you don't love her, the same way you fought the thoughts that made think are gay when you are actually not is the same way you have to fight those thoughts that makes you think that you don't love your gf when you actually do. If you don't love her then you wouldn't care so from my own observation you do love your gf

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
(female)

coffeemom30 HB User
Re: Rocd or dont love? Help please!!!!

After 1 year you are probably comfortable in your relationship and it's different than in the beginning. That doesn't mean you don't love her, but it's a comfortable kind of love. It's a relationship instead of "butterflies". It happens to all relationships after some time, and a lot of people mistake it for being out of love. It probably doesn't have anything to do with your OCD. You can break it off if you want, but this will happen to any relationship you are in, after a while.

- a person with OCD who has been married for 9 years!

Closed Thread