It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
(female)

waterfalls76 HB User
Sertraline made the anxiety/irrational thoughts worse

Within the last month, I had begun to take 50mg of generic Zoloft due to pending divorce and other stress. Instead of lessening the anxiety it exacerbated it. Despite all the warnings to taper down rather than abruptly stopping I feel SO much better without it. Upon further reading I discovered that Zoloft can sometimes worsen the panic attacks. I'm one of those ruminators who has to go over conversations continuously trying to remember what I may have said or done that could have been "wrong" or inappropriate to others. I don't have alot of outward compulsions, but recently learned that type of ruminating is a covert compulsion. While I am years past adolescence, I came across a book called "The Thought That Counts" that describes a young man's journey/struggle with OCD. Great read! Does anyone else agonize over their posts? I find myself checking this for anything offensive lol...and now checking it again...I'm always apologizing to people hoping I didn't offend them. I find such comfort in everyone who has the courage to post on this board. Just knowing I'm not the only one who suffers helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to waterfalls76 For This Useful Post:
devotiontodog (08-06-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #2
(female)

waterfalls76 HB User
Re: Sertraline made the anxiety/irrational thoughts worse

*hope I didn't offend anyone taking Zoloft, it just didn't work for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
(female)

coffeemom30 HB User
Re: Sertraline made the anxiety/irrational thoughts worse

LOL at the second post. That is weird about the Zoloft. Different meds work for different people. Sertraline works for me, but it makes me terribly sleepy so I also take Wellbutrin.

Hope your stress sorts itself out.

Closed Thread