It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User
Ocd mind never stops

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this. My mind never shuts off and is too quick. I pay attention to great detail without trying. I can sum up a conversation before someone is finished with their first few words and I find it at times annoying because I already know what they are going to say.(i swear i'm not a b*tch) I seem to remember everything someone has said. I have so many different views within seconds and so many different opinions I dont know how i feel about anything most of the time, I'm definately not narrow minded. I dont lie because it is too easy for me it scares me.. because i already have all angles/questions covered. I guess it could be like racing thoughts with ADD/ADHD but I am super focused, when i do forget something I get giddy because its exciting and rare. I recently had a horrible OCD/Anxiety spell last few months and for about 13 years I thought everything was great but I noticed that when I am occupied and "not thinking" I really am its just passing so quickly and I'm not getting stuck on anything. My mind can go to great depths it can terriorize me, and keeping everything in my mind on the surface causes anxiety alone.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
(female)

coffeemom30 HB User
Re: Ocd mind never stops

Oh heck yeah.

Every time I go off my meds it is hell. When I was a kid I was labeled "gifted"-- well geez, if this is being "gifted" then I'd like to regift it. I'd love to just be able to relax and be happy.

People who don't have OCD don't understand how hellish this disorder is.

Last edited by coffeemom30; 05-14-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User

You brought a smile to my face as well as a chuckle, I agree with you! I also have heard "gifted" and I'd be more than happy to pass it along to anyone who wants it. Id love to turn off my mind and live life without thinking in depth/analyzing and just relax and be happy like Ive been the last 13 years. I forgot how debilitating and what "stuck" felt like, its a personal hell! Thank you for brightening my Monday

Old 05-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #4
(female)

waterfalls76 HB User

I was in the "gifted" program as well. Lucky us, huh?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #5
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User

Hi I guess I would be lost without this mind, its all I know... I dont mind being so focused and aware as long as my thoughts keep moving along and dont get "stuck"

Old 06-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User

Wow - the way you described is exactly how I feel. My mind does NOT stop - sighs*

I understand - I've recently started "trying" to meditate again in order to quiet my mind. It's ridiculous - thought after thought after thought just keeps popping into my head. But eventually with practice - it can work.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User

Thank you for replying..Ive never tried to meditate, maybe its worth a try. As long as I dont get stuck on anxiety/bad thoughts I'm ok. Its those thoughts i disect/analyze myself and it just goes down hill from there.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Closed Thread