It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
(male)

Looking4Help1 HB User
looking for someone who has experience with OCD

I am dating a girl and have been for over a year now. I have noticed and started thinking about some of the issues we are having,, thinking about our behavior together coupled with her thoughts about things. She is obsessed or appears to be with certain areas of her current and past life. The things she sometimes says and what her thought process is really confuses me. She definetly has obsessive thoughts of safety and anything that has happened bad in her life. Its affecting us because she lies to me and tries to rationalize her behavior. Can ayone help and lead me in a way that I may explore if she suffers from this or if I am way off base..... Thank you.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
(male)

guitarman86 HB Userguitarman86 HB User
Re: looking for someone who has experience with OCD

Hello Friend,

"obsessed" is a term that gets tossed around a little too loosely these days I think. It sounds like your girlfriend has some personal emotional issues as well as some trust issues which are normal for any relationship.

A person with OCD experiences severe, debilitating anxiety over their worries - which are usually very irrational in nature.

Traumatic life events can definitely lead to cautious behaviour when it comes to uncomfortable territory in order to prevent a repeat of past events, but I wouldn't go as far as to say she's obsessive about it.

I'd say just be very patient with her and let her work out her problems as she see's fit as long as it isn't detrimental to you personally. Let her know that you're there for her and help her to understand that you're supportive and understanding of her issues as she works through them.

At this point i'd say the last thing you want to do is put a label on it like "OCD". Assuming the worst before its confirmed is never a good idea.

Best of Luck,
God Bless

The Following User Says Thank You to guitarman86 For This Useful Post:
Looking4Help1 (05-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread