It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

waterfalls76 HB User
when social anxiety and ocd collide!

I hate when I get stuck in a loop of ruminating on a conversation. I keep replaying the events over an over again. Did I embarass myself? Did I say something weird? I mentally repeat things I said over an over, checking to see if it sounds "normal" AAAghhh! Sometimes I get depressed when I think I'll be like this for the rest of my life. Yes, there are cycles and remissions, but I'm never gonna be cured from my own mind. On a lighter note, when I log in my emoticon should automatically set itself to "worried"

Seriously though, anyone have tips to stop the rumination?

Old 05-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #2
(female)

waterfalls76 HB User
Re: when social anxiety and ocd collide!

This is the more palatable version of my ocd. A few weeks ago, I was really struggling with a bad cycle of intrusive obsessive thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
(female)

beachlove12 HB User

@waterfalls76, I know exactly how you feel. I hate talking to people because of the fear of saying something stupid/dumb etc. I hate it when I embarrass myself because I obsess and freak out over it for hours after it happens. I continually stress out about and feel so guilty that I could be so stupid for what I said, did etc.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-06-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
(female)

ImANewBeginning HB User

I have no tips for you, but this is something i recently realized i did too... i saw your post and it made me realize it

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-12-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User

I really struggled with this for a few years and sought the help of a registered psychologist because I was actually afraid I was losing it! Each moment and each interaction with people come and go. Our issue with OCD is we don't let the moment pass. We hang onto it. Over analyze it and get caught up

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-13-2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread