It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
(male)

PGphmtt75 HB User
Just started noticing mouth noises

Hello,
I have had bouts of anxiety and depression through out my life but have been feeling pretty good for the past couple of years after finally seeing a doctor about it and was on zoloft for about a year or so. That seemed to really help and I eventually went off it and have had moments of anxiety from time to time but it never really stuck and I was able to fight it off. Things were good for a while until about a month or so ago when it felt like anxiety was coming back again and it seems to be sticking around a little longer now and I'm worried it wont go away and get worse.

On top of that I think I may have developed OCD. I've noticed in the past it may have crept in a little bit but not for long, for instance I remember going through a little phase of seeing a bumper sticker on a car and being fixated on it until I could read the whole thing. If I was driving and saw a bumper sticker, it would bug me unless I could read the whole thing and would try to get close enough to read it. And I remember once, I was on a walk with my wife and saw one on a car we walked by but couldn't read it and it bugged me the rest of the day and night until the next day when I drove by it to read it. I remember getting a huge feeling of relief when I was able to find out what it said. But then I was like, crap! This is really weird and can't go on doing this every time I see a bumper sticker! So I did my best to avoid looking at bumper stickers and that went away pretty quick.

But now it seems I developed a new thing with noticing some of the noises people make with their mouths when talking. like little clicking noises after sentences. And sometime if someones mouth is dry it'll crackle a little more than normal. In general, this stuff doesn't gross me out or anything, it's just driving me crazy that i'm now looking for it every time someone finishes a sentence! And the worst is with my wife because I've noticed she makes a clicking noise at the end of her sentences most of the time and I can't help looking for them and it's really driving me crazy! I've noticed it with one of my co-workers too so I'm thinking they've probably always made these noises and I've never paid any attention to them. But now I do and I can't stop!!! Has anyone had a similar experience? This is really starting to get me depressed and I keep thinking this is always going to bug me and I don't want to mention to my wife, "hey you make this clicking sound while you talk, can you try not to do that please?" I just want to stop noticing it!!! Any help advice or comfort would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
(female)

Annie Ku HB User
Re: Just started noticing mouth noises

Those noises make me freak out inside. Any mouth noise that isn't vocal just feels wrong to me. I don't really cope with it, I just judge the people doing it.
There's a Breyer's ice cream taster I see on tv, sometimes and I rarely feel such revulsion for someone. I want to tell him off.

Closed Thread