It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
(male)

luhg HB User
Prozac & Anafranil

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all doing well with your lives & recovery process.

I've been suffering from OCD for about a year now. Started unexpectedly but as days went on, it only got worse and worse.

Decided to speak to a doctor, and he thought I should start on Seroxat 20mg. Got them and things had improved and I started to enjoy life the more I took them.

Only issue, though, was the weight gain. I put on like 16 kgs while I was on it, in 4 months time. To be honest, though, I was not working out during those months at all so probably it wasn't fully seroxat to blame. But again I never gained weight before I was put on them even though i wasn't working out at that time.

Spoke to my doctor a few days ago, I told him how I had been annoyed by the weight gain which never seemed to stop althouhg I started to work out of late. He said there would be no problem if I wanted to quit them, so I was prescribed Prozac 20mg and Anafranil 25.

I've searched the web quite a lot over the past few days trying to find out if any of these two could cause weight gain, but wasn't convinced by some of what I read really.

So if anyone has been on Prozac and Anafranil, either both or one of them, is it highly likely to gain weight? I'm really worried.

Cheers!

Last edited by luhg; 06-01-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
(male)

luhg HB User
Re: Prozac & Anafranil

No replies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread