It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

alyjean HB User
OCD symptoms?

I've been really worried lately that I have OCD. At this point I've basically convinced myself that I have it, but I might not be right, so I'm looking for a second opinion! Let me start out by describing weird things that I've noticed about myself:

-I need to make things "even" on myself, and by that I mean if I've been looking to the right for a while then I need to look to the left intensely to make it feel even, if I get pinched on one arm I need to pinch the other, etc.
-I take loads of pictures each day because I constantly worry about forgetting things. Like if someone says, "Hey, remember that snow cone place we went to last year? I heard they closed down" I think to myself, "I should have taken a picture of that!" and can't stop thinking about it.
-I write in a journal. Actually, multiple journals of different categories. I don't do it everyday, but if I do find time to write in one, I make sure to set aside several hours for it, because I tend to write a ton. I want to be able to read those journals in the future and remember how life was in the past.
-I get extremely paranoid about demons and such. I always close my curtains at night because I'm convinced a demon will be looking at me through the window. In bed, I think stuff like, "If I don't get my head under the sheets in 5 seconds then a demon will see me and possess me." I believe in God and always remind myself that He will protect me, but that reassurance doesn't always soothe me. At times that I think a demon is in my room, I pray for God to protect me over and over until I feel it's safe to move my head or take my hand from under the pillow or whatever it is.
-I purposely let my room get messy over the time of a week or two so that I can spend all night organizing and cleaning it.

Sorry about the lengthy descriptions. Please help me find out if this is actually OCD and what kind of help I should get, if any!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: OCD symptoms?

Hi, well it sounds like OCD, it is similar from what I have experience (the demon thoughts and the compulsion of praying). I recommend to go see a professional so he can check you in the proper way, regardless of that CBT therapy and some meds had help me a lot to overcome OCD. I can tell you that for you to get rid of those unwanted thoughts you must face those fears, but obviously this must be done with a therapist. For now a can tell you that when ever those intrusive thoughts pop up, label them as mental voice, garbage and that it is OCD not your own will. Also when the thought comes up just let it throughout don't analyze it or rationalize just let it be, no demon will ever hurt you God will protect and He is aware of your condition nothing wrong will happen. Well thats it for now be brave use the tips and see a therapist.
Hope this helps,
TOT

Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
(female)

alyjean HB User
Re: OCD symptoms?

It's a relief to find out someone else goes through the same thing. Thank you!

Closed Thread