It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User
Luvox

Ive posted a few times w/in the last 6 months, I'm doing better with OCD/Pure O and anxiety however I still have this lingering cloud following me. Anytime i start to enjoy things or want to better myself i go back to my ocd obsession and start thinking what if I am a monster and all these things are the real me etc... Ive never thought so low of myself as i have these last few months, being depressed like that was a new for me. I'm hoping with more time it will just go away. Ive been on 50mg Luvox for the past 13 years and just recently 75mg 3 months ago. From what Ive read and heard this is a low dose and I'm thinking about upping it but I'm little nervous. If anyone can share their experience and what dose with Luvox it would help me tremendously.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

bella18 HB User
Re: Luvox

Hey meggiem,
It sounds like we are very similar. I was born with ocd and I started completing compulsions as a teenager. They slowly got better over time. However, my stress level increased this year which triggered intrusive thoughts involving anything from violent to sexual. It got so bad i could not sleep or eat. I go to behavioral cognitive therapy and I'm on 75 mg of luvox. The luvox has made a huge difference. I still experience harming thoughts occasionally. I am going to see a psychiatrist to talk about upping my medication. Do you have harming obsessions? Hope to hear from you!

Last edited by moderator2; 09-30-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User

Hi,

I'm currently on 100mg of Luvox which is a belssing, along with therapy. My anxiety is at an all time low. I still have reminders of my obsessive thoughts i cant believe i went thru that for like 7-8 months, and i will still question myself asking if it was just anxiety or is there really an signifigance to the thoughts. I have had intrusive thoughts my entire life, anything from harmful,sexual or just plain demented. I've learned to live with them but when high anxiety rears its head i analyze why i had them and what they mean, very scary......ive always been a never say never kind of person and i think at times that opens the door to anxiety for me. I'm sorry you also are going thru this,the best advice i can give you is to let everything pass, dont try to analyze the thoughts and it will get better. Give up the control, the more you try to figure things out the harder it becomes. How long have you been on the luvox?

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-01-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
(female)

bella18 HB User

I've been on luvox for 6 weeks now. It has really helped. I would like to get up to 100, but I'm on 75. I dwell on my past thoughts and dwell on my ocd. I'm trying my best to accept this and just let the thoughts pass. The more I let go the better I am mentally. I'm just scared for my future! Do you do any compulsions/rituals? At the moment, I'm image thought free but I still have random phrases of harm. It's really odd... Out of nowhere my brain says, I'm going to kill the chickens or I'm going to kill myself. Very random phrases but they are repetitive. Have you experienced anything like that? I hope we can chat more! I'm feeling relieved already!

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-02-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #5
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User
Smile Re: Luvox

I have some minor compulsions such as checking stove few times,making sure sink water is off, door locked. The majority of my compulsions are mental, such as ruminating/analyzing. When i get real bad i will analyze as to why i had that thought, what does it mean etc... and i will obsess about it to the point i will freak myself out. Ive had only two major bouts when my ocd/anxiety was outta control. First one was 13 yrs ago and latest was last 8 months ago. I became a rational/logical person last 10 yrs or so and i didnt realize as to just how many walls i had up. I have the lovely gift up being able to bottle up emotions to the point i dont even know i'm doing it. I have always had myself to lean on when things in my life are bothering me but last 8 months i attacked myself as a person and started analyzing some scary thoughts i had and it unearthed some things from childhood i never dealt with. i never self critized myself like i did this time, as scary as it was i really think it was gods only way of breaking me down. Sorry i'm going on,on i just want to stress that things will get better and i will be here every step of the way

Old 10-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #6
(female)

bella18 HB User

Hello again
I was curious how you take your medication. Do you split it? Also, have you ever drank on this medication? I'm scared that if I have a few glasses of wine that the next day will be horrible. I'm worried that the thoughts will come rushing back. Let me know when you can! Thanks!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User
Cool Re: Luvox

Hi,

ive been taking 100mg last few months which comes in whole tablet. I would always snap in half to take lower dose. I take at bedtime, i noticed when i took during day i was kinda duhhh... When i was younger and drank/ went out on the weekends i would skip taking it that night. I think looking back i should have just taken instead of messing with skipping dose. I have drank after taking and did not notice anything. Few drinks i dont think will make a difference, if you are going out getting wasted you might feel sick. I swear by Luvox, ive been on for 13-14 years and i lucked out by having it work for me, i didnt have to trial and error other meds. I think i should have been on a higher dose all these years but that is me being stubborn and scared. I hope this helps and i hope you have a great weekend. Dont let the intrusive thoughts define who you are!

Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
(female)

bella18 HB User

So, I attempted to drink for the first time. I drank 2 glasses of wine and I had a panic attack. I take xanax too so I am not sure what the cause of my panic attack. I could have been extremely paranoid about drinking!! I do not know what happened so I stopped. I just took 100 mg at bedtime last night. I felt a little dizzy and tired today. I hope I just need to adjust to the increase and I hope to feel better in a few days. I may have to take 75 at night and 25 in the am. I am not sure what to do!!

Old 10-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #9
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User
Smile Re: Luvox

Hi,

I'm not familiar with taking xanax. I do know that by thinking how you are going to feel, and waiting will bring on a panic attack... Like anything else you will get use to it and think nothing of it. I remember when i first started taking the luvox i was paranoid to go to work the next day. Everything seemed brighter and bigger for some reason. If i had to go someplace special or around alot of people i would miss the dose the night before so i wouldnt be weirded out. Now i could care less, and i can tell the difference in me taking 100mg now. I'm alot more relaxed and care free. For me i swear by luvox.... Do you take xanax as needed or is it an every day thing? when i recently increased i got flashbacks on how i use to feel when i first started taking. i forgot about the groggyness, the out of it feeling in the mornings.. i dont know if my body adjusted quickly but it only lasted a day or so. Now i dont feel anything in the morning. At night if i take early 8-9 i yawn alot, and get little duh.. Sorry i'm just rambling... i wouldnt ban drinking wine on it, maybe you just have to ease into it, and before you know it you wont even notice.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
(female)

bella18 HB User

Hey!!
I take my Luvox at 9:48 (OCD time lol). I can tell my body is adjusting to it much better today. I am a bit groggy/lethargic, but I know I will feel fine in a few days. I felt fine during the day, but I worked out tonight... I felt more groggy after I worked out. I am yawning constantly too!
I am def. in the recovery phase bc I keep thinking back to my OCD thoughts and I cannot believe that I had them. I do not fear them anymore and I realize it was my silly OCD. I have given my OCD a name which has helped me. Since I have been on the 100 for 2 days, my images are just about gone. I feel like at times they try to come through, but they are distorted and I cannot see what is happening. Have you experienced this?
Also, I will have random phrases without images. They are very off the wall repetitive phrases. I am not sure where these came from...Have you had this?!
This is my theory or maybe I think too much (which I do lol)...I feel as if the thoughts want to come through, but my medication is stopping them and distorting them. I am not really sure what is happening, but I am doing much better than 2 months ago.
I take xanax every night at 8 PM just to calm me down at night.
I am operating at 90%...So, I am hoping to be at 98% and then I can start easing into drinking again. I want to reach that stage where I completely forget about my OCD. I forget about it when I am working for the most part, but when I am alone, I remember it lol!!
I love how we can chat!! Thanks so much!! You have been so helpful!!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #11
(female)

meggiem1978 HB User

Hi,

I'm so happy to hear your feeling better and adjusting to the luvox. My mind is constantly on mock speed the only difference is when OCD/Anxiety rears its ugly head some of the thoughts get stuck (usually the scary,demented or intrusive thoughts) and i analyze as to why i had them. I notice the medication kinda keeps the thoughts passing and helps not to get them stuck. Im hoping in time this will be forgotton, i get nervous everytime im feeling awesome or want to do something good for myself i remember all my thoughts and think god what if all those thoughts were the real me....i have to keep chugging and in time will get stronger and stronger. I think we definately think too much, but i guess its better then not thinking enough. I think we are in touch with ourselves/life probably alot more than others. They say people with OCD are more creative/intelligent. For me its like hyper awareness. Some say its a gift, lol... i agree chatting with each other i think helped both of us, its nice to talk with someone who knows where you are coming from.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #12
(female)

bella18 HB User

Hello again!!
It made me laugh when you said how we think too much. As a young girl, my parents would always tell me that I think too much!! I have always been an obsessive worrier and I analyze everything. I have read somewhere also where it said OCD people are more creative/intelligent. I find this to be true when it comes to my career!!
I have so many fears and my major one is my fear of death. I am also very scared that my OCD will turn into something else (like turning psycho). I have read that no one with OCD has acted out on their thoughts, but I am paranoid that this could happen. It's like well you already went to that dark place so what if it gets worse. Do you ever think this way?
Thank god for this medication!! I do feel like my scary thoughts pass on much faster and I use my coping statements as well. My repetitive phrases have completely stopped and my images are decreased. I have noticed that my images are very distorted so I hope they disappear in time.
I hope this is just a phase of our OCD and we are getting stronger everyday. I just hope I do not become a hoarder someday!! I take my old life for granted bc it was just so easy!! Most people have it so easy who do not have to deal with this. It's just an extra annoying friend we have to deal with. Who has time for that?!
I am not sure if you have tried this...but I put note cards all around my computer which really help me. They say, "These are just thoughts-not reality!", "I have OCD and I do accept it!"
I hope we win this battle because we do not deserve this at all!! I will talk to you soon!!

Closed Thread