It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
(female)

Iloveturtles HB User
Ocd

I recently started a new job and my OCD is in overdrive with "what if this or what if I do this"...I'm on Luvox 300 mg and anxiety meds, but they make me sleepy. I am find once I leave work..plus, I recently broke my ankle, so I can't exercise right now :-/ I wish I could turn this OCD off! I hate it so much :-(

Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: Ocd

Are you on therapy? If not I recommend CBT therapy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User

I know it sucks. But reading through some of these posts has helped me realize it is possible to manage it. Have to try and break the cycle (easier said than done - I know). Currently I am trying to expose mysf to the thing an and not react. Start with the small things. I find eventually it passes... It's tough

Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel34 View Post
I know it sucks. But reading through some of these posts has helped me realize it is possible to manage it. Have to try and break the cycle (easier said than done - I know). Currently I am trying to expose mysf to the thing an and not react. Start with the small things. I find eventually it passes... It's tough
Yea that part is tough (I am still there), but you know what if you live in the shadow of doubt and fear it can and will impede you from being the one you always wanted to be. Face your fears and you will be free is what I had learned, confront each fear and don't run away has helped me a lot treating OCD and being the person I always wanted to be. So yea exposing to those fears is tough as hell but at the end of the day you had done something to be really proud of.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User

I know! Each time I overcome a situation. I feel sooo good. It's a huge personal success! One day at a time.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
(female)

Iloveturtles HB User

Thanks for all of your replies :-) Since I started a new job, I can't really miss work to see someone for CBT during the day. I did an Internet search for OCD support groups, but I'm not sure I want to do that..I am open to CBT, but I need to find someone who can do evening appts or early morning appts..In the meantime, I will just keep taking my meds and take one day at a time..**sigh**

Closed Thread