It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

CindyLynn67 HB User
O.C.D. and Religion

Hi,
I am looking for people who can relate to obsessive thoughts and religion.I am of the Christian faith and years ago the issues with me was the "unpardonable sin" and thought I was doomed to go to Hell.These days it's apologizing to people because I feel like I'm sounding hateful,sarcastic,smart,ect.and I will either apologize to them by saying it,emailing it or in the case of my sister at home (she lives with me),I write notes or I will apologize to her by speaking it to her.It has spread out in other areas as well i.e.~going to a public bathroom and washing my hands and sometimes when I use the soap and paper towels I feel like I'm stealing.I will stop for here and not be too long.It would be good if I could talk with someone who knows what I'm going through and make some friends.Thanks

CindyLynn67

Old 07-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: O.C.D. and Religion

Hi Cindy, I can relate to your situation, I also have similar types of obsessions regarding religion and OCD. First of all I want to tell you that God knows that those thoughts aren't yours, its your disorder, OCD. Also try to label those thoughts as OCD and not your own, and let them go away don't pay attention and do not think of them just let them flow.
Hope this helps, also y recommend to seek for professional help.
TOT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
(female)

ImANewBeginning HB User
Re: O.C.D. and Religion

hey, i have the same problem with ocd and intrusive thoughts with religion. I am also of christian faith. I also find myself snapping or seeming sarcastic even maybe rude to those that i love. You aren't alone

Closed Thread