It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

ImANewBeginning HB User
Red face OCD- intrusive thoughts

I recently found out that I have Ocd, I always felt like there had to be a reason why i was having all of these thoughts. One night- the worst night for me so far. Everyone left the house but me, I usually have no problems being home alone, but i began having all of these thoughts rush to my head all at once. It was overwhelming, i tried to take my mind off of it by watching tv but couldn't... I found myself rocking back and forth, humming in order to block out thoughts. I felt like my head was going to explode. Does anyone else feel this way at some point and can you tell me some ways to deal with it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
(female)

LPJessica22 HB UserLPJessica22 HB User
Re: OCD- intrusive thoughts

Yes it has happened to me before. I have been diagnosed with OCD since I was 11 and sometimes I have thoughts like that too. I don't like being myself too often because then I have time to think about my thoughts. Sometimes I would have the weirdest thoughts and thought I was going crazy! What I would suggest is that when you are alone I would listen to music, read a book, go online. Anything! Try to keep yourself busy. That has what helped me. I hope it gets better for you! With the right medications and therapy you will be okay!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User
Re: OCD- intrusive thoughts

Hi. My best advice is to try and keep yourself busy and distracted. My mind never shuts off. 24/7 thoughts flashing. It's overwhelming but I'm learning how to channel this "energy".

OCD seems to take up our energy (via stress) so I've learned not (or trying to) acknowledge all the irrational thoughts help. This really is an issue of our brain and how it responds to our thoughts. Thoughts (though sometime irrational) can create panic and fear. So our brain hangs onto it because it's perceived as a threat. Letting go is hard. With practice I've learned it is possible.

My biggest issue is being honest with the people in my life. I'm so closeted on the issue of OCD because I am afraid they won't understand. And assume I'm nuts. I am very rational and know when I'm being ridiculous (ie. checking things) and yet I struggle to stop these activities. Time and patience plus practice I think is the only way to deal with it.

Take care and feel free to reach out. I like the support this group has to offer. And it's nice knowing I'm not alone in this.

Last edited by Raziel34; 07-13-2012 at 12:10 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel34 For This Useful Post:
LPJessica22 (07-13-2012)
Closed Thread