It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

danai HB User
is it ocd please help!!!

hello!!im from greece an di ll try to explain as best as i can because my english is not perfect!its been about 5 months that i suffer from ocd as i was told because i had a harm obssesion with my mother and i was lucky to overcome!now im too stressed because after reading about serious mental diseases like schizofrenia i became affected by people who hear voices so i started getting irritated by sounds and repeat them in my head in order to get sure that i made them by myself and are not from my head..the thing is that i repeat a scream in my head many times i really got shocked at the beggining because i felt i started getting mad and heraing voices but i know i can realise that this scream is a repeating thought than i make it and i can stop it if i want but sometimes i make it so vivid that i really get nervous..pls help me am i going crazy;;is that scizofrenia;;;;;

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: is it ocd please help!!!

Iam no profesional but I am almost sure that it is OCD, and those "voices" of yours are compulsion. It is not schizophrenia, an schizophrenic believes in its delusions. From what you have written you seem to be distressed by those thoughts, it is OCD. Remember compulsions are things we do to supposedly calm our self or to react against those obsessions. The truth is that those compulsions only make your obsessions and fears stronger. I highly recommend seeing a professional , CBT therapy and meds are pretty effective treating OCD
Hope it helps, remember you are not alone
Train Of thought

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread