It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
(female)

JL3 HB User
Does anyone notice their OCD coming and going?

I have had OCD for as long as I can remember. I know that at times it hasn't bothered me much and then at other times it attacks with a vengeance.

I guess I am writing this right now because I feel very bothered. I feel like I should be doing something but don't know what. I get this way every now and then. It may last for up to a couple of days and I can't ever figure out what will make it go away.

I am 36 years old. I moved with my mom and dad to NC so that I could be with my niece and help raise her. The bad thing is that I can't find a job here. I was able to get a temporary one but, it took the agency over three months to find me that one. So, I decided to go back to college and get my MBA.

Now, I have at one time or other showed all the symptoms of OCD. I also know that stress doesn't help and I am very stressed all the time right now. I am finishing my last few classes for college, getting ready to move out of my parents house, and trying to find a job. The moving itself doesn't bother me it is the being on my own for the first time in my life. It is also the thought of leaving my niece who is as close to a daughter as I will ever have.

I don't know if all of this is what is causing me to feel out of sorts. I know that lately I have been having more OCD attacks. I know that it is constantly there and I fight it every day but, an attack can cause me to not want to leave my chair. I even was after my mom today because she wore her shoes in the house. She has been doing that for the last seven years that we have lived here and it hasn't bothered me. Now, I can't stand the fact.

I know that I have rambled a little in this post. I guess the main thing I want to know is if anyone else feels like I do. Does anyone else feel like they are having attacks of OCD and then they will go away for a while?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #2
(female)

Annie Ku HB User
Re: Does anyone notice their OCD coming and going?

Have you been more tired lately? I know that lack of sleep can really affect me. With all these changes and being busy, you're probably needing some rest.

I find that I don't adapt to change very well because of the OCD. I'll go through more racing thoughts and a bit of depression from it. I just got married, and it's a huge change for me. I'm sure a bit of time will also help you adjust.
It's good that you're trying to talk it out, too.

Last edited by Annie Ku; 07-20-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #3
(female)

JL3 HB User

I am always tired. I sleep at night but, it is pretty restless. I think a lot of that comes from too much on my mind. I am really hoping after I move things will settle down.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #4
(female)

Mymycherrypie HB User

I feel the same way. I do not sleep as much as I should- at night my OCD is usually at its worst. However, sometimes I can go days, sometimes a few weeks without it being too bad, but then suddenly it gets a lot worse and I can't cope. I think it does have to do with tiredness, change and how you are feeling, but it is difficult to feel better when the OCD is making everything worse. I think that getting more sleep would be the best solution, and spending an hour or so just relaxing and forgetting all the stressful things. When I have an 'OCD attack', I find it relaxing to play the guitar or piano, or do something creative like painting or writing. xx

Old 08-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User

Oh god yes. It seems to heighten for me during stressful times (which I'm going through right now). It's full force but I have been doing ERP and started with something small. Also saying to myself "OCD thought" when I have an episode. This took some time but it seems to be helping. It's frustrating. I find that my obsessions change. Most recently checking my car. This is brand new. Has never bothered me before...do you find they change ?

Old 08-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
(female)

Mymycherrypie HB User

Mine change a lot too. I always used to be cautious of germs and contamination, but recently it has also been making things straight, rearranging things, checking doors, etc... just last night I found out that I can't even touch my brother without freaking out... (he is a bit lacking in personal hygiene) but even then I suppose a 'normal' person would hardly think twice about these things...

Closed Thread