It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

Jabuticaba HB User
Talking Funny OCD Stories and Obsessions -- Feel free to post your own

Hullo everyone, I'm new here and this happens to be my first post. So I've decides to have fun with it by telling everyone about some of the funny things that happened to me. I know OCD sucks sometimes but it's actually theraputic to laugh about it. So here it goes:

One of my habits as of now is actually from this idea that I got one day. I believe in God and so I think that my parents will go to heaven when they die, and so will my Grandparents, etc. I think that we gain a higher understanding of everything when we die, and can view the lives of our loved ones in the past, present, and future. Since we can watch over people in the past, I always get the feeling that my future dead parents are watching me. As I take a shower, I'm being watched, as I write this out, they're reading over my shoulder, as I think of things, they hear my thoughts as if I've said them out-loud. I never feel like I have any privacy. I find this extremely halarious because I know how rediculus it all is. Sometimes I have one-sided conversations out-loud with my dead parents when they're alive and well downstairs.

Speaking of stairs, I have this habit where I have to walk in a straight line. For example, if I turn left at a street corner twice, that means I've walked in a U-shaped loop. So to balance it out I have to turn 360° to my right to balance it out. Right, so the problem in this is that there are stairs át. My school that I have to climb twice a day. They're roughly this shape:
/
-- You climb down one set of stairs, do a U-turn, and climb down the other.
\
Every day, I have to do that little 360 in the middle of the stairs in front of a crowd of people who are climbing it. I get weird looks everyday and sometimes people yell stuff at me like, "Move!" or, "What the heck are you doing?" I usually prentend I didn't hear and don't make eye contact. When they do catch my eye I just shrug and move away. I look back at these moments and laugh at my own embaresment.

I've got one more little habit that's given me trouble, but I'll wait for some other people to reply to this thread first. If they want to of cource.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread