It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
(male)

Jeffrulesyou HB User
Tired of mental illness stigma

I have a funny story. So, I was diagnosed with ocd about 6 years ago when I was 14. Anyways, for a long time I've been overly obsessed with health. About 8 months ago I went to a doctor for pain in my testicles. He told me I had epididymitis and a uti. I was on meds for a couple of weeks. The pain slowly came back. So, I told my aunt about it and she claims that it was all my ocd and in my head the whole time. So, I got mad and didnt say anything to anyone for a while and just toughed it out to the point I got very very very very sick.and had to be rushed to the ER. I almost went into septic shock. My blood pressure was very low. I remember being really messed up. Everyday I wanted to tell someone how sick I felt. because of my OCD. Because nobody would believe me. One day I just fell on the floor and dropped, I was really confused bumping into things and everything people thought I was drunk, but like I said I was rushed to the ER after. Anyways, I mean it's kind of funny, but it sucks at the same time. Let me tell ya, now if something is wrong my family believes me. It's really a terrible feeling to have no one beleive you because of a mental disorder honestly I feel terrible, but I'm sure my family feels even worse afterwards.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-30-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
(female)

Jabuticaba HB User
Re: Tired of mental illness stigma

Gah! That got me ticked off when I read it. It really sucks that they didn't believe you, but at the same time, they had a reason not to believe you. It's funny too, though. On the bright side, you can smile at this memory, and you can also say that you're one of the few people to actually have a life-story with a moral. Hahahahaha. Trying to think of a story to tell... Wait a second...! Right, I've got it.

I've got this ritual that when I cross streets at the street crossing places, (Forgot the name if you can believe it) I like to jump on the yellow lines and only on the yellow lines as I cross. If I miss a jump, I have to go back and start all over. Well, one day I was riding my bike an I came across a street crossing place. I suddenly realized that my bike couldn't touch the black part of the pavement either, and had to stay on the yellow lines. I'm very thankful that I don't live in New York because I would've surely blocked up the road as I lifted my bicycle over and over to the next yellow line. I hoped no one was watching as I continued on my merry way, but I'll never know for sure just exactly how much I embarrassed myself that day xD

The Following User Says Thank You to Jabuticaba For This Useful Post:
Jeffrulesyou (07-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
(male)

Jeffrulesyou HB User

Haha, we all got our rituals. That made me smile. I wonder what people think of us when they see these things LOL. My story is like the boy who cried wolf... I laugh about it now. I try too, atleast it was just so recent that's why. Such a scary experience. One thing I don't like is hospitals.. ugh

Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
(female)

Jabuticaba HB User

Speaking of hospitals, I HATE hospitals. Every time I go to one, I always get really afraid I'll have to get a shot or something. Not only because I hate needles, but it's because of what happens when I get a shot. Example:

I was in Brazil with some of my family in a city a little away from Rio at my grandma's house. We had gotten a few coconuts from the tree to eat. When I eat, it eat everything on my plate, so I ate every single tiny white piece of coconut that there was on the coconut, scraping off those last delicious pieces.

After that we drove to Rio, so I could have a sleep over at a friends house I hadn't seen in years. I ate pizza, had a good time, and went to bed. Right before I fell asleep I had this really sick feeling and I got up in a haze. I went to the bathroom and threw up pizza on the floor. I threw up several times that night. It was a great reunion with my friend! xD

Anyway, the next day, I went to the hospital because my aunt is a nurse. We found out I got sick because I accidentally ate some of the coconut husk. They told me I had to get a drip packet for the rest of the day. I started to freak out, walking around in pointless directions, and just basically getting really stressed. When the time for the needle came, this Brazillian lady nurse came to me with the drip and the needle, and I got paler and paler as she approached like the villain in a horror movie. I held my grandma's hand tightly and went the lady came with the needle I yelled at the top of my lungs as my eyes whizzed around the room, the most absurd and out-of-the-blue words I could think of. The cries of, "PICASSO PICASSO PICASSO PICASSO!" could be heard throughout the hospital.

I started crying madly because a little girl in the corner of the room had taken a shot on her butt and I was crying for her. My delirious voice could be heard saying things like, "Their pain was trasfered to me... I don't know *gasp*" xD

I went to sleep on the gurney I was sitting on. Though it felt like I'd only dozed off for three seconds. I woke up and my grandma told me they had switched the drip packet three times while I was sleeping.

I actually got the little girls gender wrong. It was really embarrassing. She was sitting next to the gurney on a chair as I said stuff like, "I saw him crying and the pain just got worse. I felt his pain." I turned around and saw her sitting there as I spoke and turned red because I saw the power-puff girls pink backpack she had on and realized I was talking about her while she was there, and I mistook her gender. I got so embarresed. As my grandma and
I went to the car, (I could barely walk because I was so tiered) she told me the nurse lady thought I was cursing at her in English when I shouted Picasso.

XDDD, honestly enough, I had a lousy but hilarious day.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jabuticaba:
Jeffrulesyou (08-25-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
(male)

Jeffrulesyou HB User

Thats quite a story! Wow, Lol! It made me laugh xD sorry I didn't respond right away sometimes this site can spark my ocd up a little bit! Lol I have so many stories the list is endless I'd have to share some more haha

Closed Thread