It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

typicalthing01 HB User
Question Ocd?

Hello, I need answers. I think I have OCD because my teacher said a couple of years ago that I was always parting my hair, I did that so much that my scalp received damage. Now, I HAVE to have my hair PERFECT otherwise I'll take it all out and do it again. My hair has to be without lumps, uneven strands and has to be straight. I also have this, like, obsession with even numbers. If I check to see if my mom's home I have to look outside the window an even amount of times otherwise I feel like i'm having an anxiety attack, I don't even get anxiety attacks or anything like that. But I NEED answers. Thanks!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-04-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User
Re: Ocd?

It could be ocd but really, you need to see a professional to get your answers.

OCD typically have rituals, obsessions and compulsions.... There are alot of other disorders out there that have similar symptoms.

If you do alot of checking (which is a really common ocd thing) - that would be one sign. As an example, checking the doors are locked multiple times even though you know they are but compelled to keep checking. Counting and numbers are also a common OCD thing.

Your last sentence didn't make sense to me, you said that you feel like you have to keep looking outside the window an even number of times or you feel like you're having an anxiety attack, followed by saying that you don't have anxiety attacks.... Are you sure you are not having anxiety/panic attacks?

I just wanted to write a quick post as I see people have read this but no responses yet.

I know you want answers, but nobody here can diagnose you, but certainly we are here to talk and help/answer what questions we can!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread