It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

Charmbracelet81 HB User
For us with the swallowing and breathing OCD

Hello! I have panic disorder and OCD. Before I learned more about OCD after being diagnosed with it, I didnt beleive I actually had it because I thought it was just a cleaning and "checking" obsession. Well, Ive heard many of you questioning about the swallowing and blinking and breathing thoughts you have. Well, it's called sensorimotor OCD. The thoughts and constant checking of our symptoms. It's me to a T with the breathing. Until I started seeing a therapist I thought I was a hypochondriac but I'm not it's this type of OCD.

Last edited by hb-mod; 08-19-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or recommend Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
(male)

Lisander HB User
Re: For us with the swallowing and breathing OCD

I have the swalloing obsession for more than 7 years now and i believe that this may be the most weird health problem ever. Sometimes as strange as it may sound my obsession goes from swalloing to blinking but it lasts no more than a day and then the swallowing obsession is back. <edit> how i wish there could be a medicine out there that could help me with the swalloing obsession <EDIT>.. Or is it a medicine that can help anyway cause i never been to doctors.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-22-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

The following user gives a hug of support to Lisander:
Charmbracelet81 (08-30-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisander For This Useful Post:
Charmbracelet81 (08-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

Charmbracelet81 HB User
Re: For us with the swallowing and breathing OCD

HI! That's how I am but with the breathing. Once in a while I won't feel like I had a "complete" swollow and think I am choking but mine is mainly the breathing. I am in CBT but just today I learned about "Inositol" which is a supplement. I have never been on medication but this supplement is said to be excellent for panic disorder and OCD. I asked my therapist about it and she is going to get back to me. You should look it up and let me know what you think. And know that I know how you feel of focusing on all this all day long. o_o

Closed Thread