It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
(male)

Raziel34 HB UserRaziel34 HB User
Question relationships and friends - how do you tell them?

Just curious to know if anyone out there can share their experience telling their partner and/or friends about having OCD ? I recognize I need to open up about this. Especially in a dating/new romantic relationship context. I have accepted this as part of who I am and am debating whether it's best to just keep it to myself or be open about it.

OCD has caused difficulty for me in maintaining relationships/friendships in the past. Just really trying to move forward!

Any suggestions or ideas on how to do this would be appreciated. Very nervous about it because of the stigma attached to mental illness. But my dilemma is if I don't talk about it. They won't understand why I am the way I am or who I am.

Really not sure what to do here. Just wanted to put this out there -thanks

Old 09-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
(female)

CaliCowgirl915 HB User
Re: relationships and friends - how do you tell them?

It's always best to be up front and honest about things like this. I have had OCD for many years, and I have lots of people in my life who accept me for who I am and all the baggage that comes with me

I see it this way, if someone accepts me for who I am and all my flaws then they are worth having in my life. If they don't accept who I am and all my flaws then kick em' to the curb! They are not worth your time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread