It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

no more ocd HB User
Unhappy Is this really normal?

I'm sorry this going to be a long post but this is my first time posting on something like this. Exactly 6 weeks ago I expierced my first ever full blown panic attack. I was watching a show where a son had attempted suicide and it completely put me into a sheer panic. I thought I then was having suicidal feelings and my Gp linked it to an allergy medicine . I immediately stopped the medicine because of how fearful I was an noticed it had not stopped the awful thoughts after about a week. I was going to new York city for the weekend with my amazing boyfriend and found myself getting nervous that I wouldn't feel better by that time the dr prescribed xanex and Zoloft (Zoloft I had taken before) and nothin seemed to help, I have had anxeity my whole life and sligy depression but NOT ONCE ever thought of ending my life , never. So I clearly knew this wasent normal. Turns out I then took an Effexor which sent my body into sure panic my mother had to come pick me up I couldn't sleep couldn't eat and literally thought I had gone crazy. I am now seein a therapist who informed me I was not suicidal but have OCD, I have always been very neat and orderly and I'd say very type A but never had thoughts like these. They then spiraled into thoughts of what if I could hurt my boyfriend who I loved more than anything and started having then intrusive thoughts on that. I am not a violent person, I always try to make everyone else happy and always have been excite to have children, get married and couldn't wait for this to start seeing my boyfriend and I bought a condo about a year ago an engagement is probably coming soon. I am so discouraged with this!! I feel like a completely different hopeless person who dosent look forward to anything that used to make me beyond happy case of these awful thoughts. The thoughts have now turned back to a fear o harming myself. I don't want to take medicine so I have changed my diet and started excersise and also see y therapist once a week, will this ever end? I am also gettin my period soon and it seems he past couple days have been the worst, is this common?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread