It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

babyblue77 HB User
dermatillomania and depression

Hello...I just need to vent and want to know if anyone has had the same problems as me...I didn't know where to post this. I dont know if I have a OCD thing or an impulse issue. Information can go either way.

When I was 12, I started picking my skin. Open sores, tweezers, hiding from everyone, missing school because of my skin. This all went on for about 10 years. This is when I was at my worst, and it took me years to start seeing the damage it has done to me. I have so many scars all over my face .I've never sought treatment. I've always been too disgusted and ashamed to tell anyone.

I am 25 now, and my skin picking is at a minimum. Yes, from time to time I do pick, and it is totally subconscious. It's like I go into a different world. But, now I feel like I am able to control it, and stop before it gets any more. I am also good about letting the spot heal, instead of having an open sore for months and months.

But, now I am truely dealing with the damage I have done. I hate lookig in the mirror, i cant go outside unless I have makeup on. I can't put my bangs up, for I have a hideous scar on my forehead. I hate when the wind blows and messes up my bangs, I hate people seeing that scar mor ethan the others. I am depressed. The only thing I care about is making my hair and face look "going out-able" and i could less about what I wear. My boyfriend, of 8 years, is really getting fed up with me. He's sick of my constant crying, always tells me no one is looking at my scars. But I know people judge me.

Lately, I've gotten a lot worse. My self esteem is so low, that I have trouble with him going out without me. I'm always worried that he will cheat. I don't know why i get like this. I know he's a good guy, would do anything for me, but I can't stand him around other women...esp. those who have no scars on their faces. Every time he goes out, we always get in a fight. I WANT him to do things with other people...but every time he gets home, i start crying, asking him what girls were there, any that he found attractive, among like 20 other questions. I KNOW I shouldn't, but I can't help but ask these questions.

And last night, after we got in a fight, he told me that he's over my ****. He doesn't want to go through this game with me anymore. He told me he doesn't know what he wants anymore, that he wants to be happy. And that crushed me, cause I know what I do isn't making him happy. I tried telling himI can't help it, but he says he doesn't understand why I get the way I do. The funny thing is, I DO trust him completely. He hasn't given me any other reason not to. But I treat him like he does. What is wrong with me?

I don't go out anymore, I exclude myself he says. He just wants to come home and not be asked about every little thing he did that night while I was working.

I fear my relationship might be falling out from me, and that scares me. Because he is the love of my life. I just don't know what to do.

Has my dermatillomania manifested itself into this? Have I traded picking my skin for obsessing over my boyfriend?

Thank you for letting my vent...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread