It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
(male)

confusedboy16 HB User
Worried about being evil...

Sorry for the incessant posts over the years, I have just been feeling awful. This week has been terrible I've been crying all week and feeling like an awful person. We had to call the CPN out on Wednesday, and I ended up going to hospital in the evening. I talked to a psychiatrist and she calmed me down and gave me some sleeping tablets (because I hadn't been sleeping for a few days, or eating) but everything has flooded back. I am constantly worried, constantly searching online for some sort of answer. As you may know from my previous posts I have been diagnosed with OCD. I'm currently on 50mg of sertraline (only just re-started this week). I am fixated on the fact that I am a sadistic child/animal abuser, because of things that have happened in my past, things that worry me about my future, and also adding everything about my personality up. I feel very vindictive and controlling at the moment, and I just wish I was never born. So, I'm 18 now <edit>

Now I'm stuck on the past. I feel quite impulsive at the moment, like I'm going to lose control and do something wrong. Like the sadism is just lying dormant ready to crack at any minute. My worry also stems from my bitterness. I can be very angry and cynical, especially when I see other people succeeding. I read online many people with personality disorders are like this.

This all started from looking at a picture of my cousins baby. i got this feeling, like I wanted to hurt her, and I couldn't work out whether it was pleasurable or not, but now these feelings and thoughts are just making me anxious and nervous, and worried about my future. It's like I enjoy hurting babies and animals This stuff just keeps running around in my head, and I feel like I'm just afraid to admit who I truly am.

I've stolen before, and I've done stuff and not felt guilty. I sometimes feel like the only person I truly love is my mum, and I feel like I wouldn't ever be able to love anyone else. <edit>

I honestly dont know what to do about this. I keep looking into my past and finding things I don't like. I have told this to the psychiatrist and my mum, and they both keep shrugging it off, but I'm really concerned here. I'm also concerned that taking the sertraline is going to block out the worry and guilt and show a side of me I don't like/show my true colours, revealing who I really am.

I can't live like that. I just want to be happy and healthy, not twisted, bitter and evil!

I can't work out whether it's guilt I feel or just shame. I feel so incredibly numb and detached. I don't want to do or be anything anymore!

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-15-2012 at 08:30 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to confusedboy16:
mrsrich911 (09-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
(female)

bella18 HB User
Re: Worried about being evil...

Hey!
I know exactly what you are going through. I have had OCD for my entire life. I have always completed many rituals, but I never experience the thoughts until recently. My OCD intrusive thoughts started in July of this year. I am on medication and I go to CBT. I suggest Luvox. It is really great medication. I can finally think my own thoughts, but I have a few harming thoughts here and there. I had 4 harming thoughts today which is a success for me. Four weeks ago, it was probably 5,000 a day.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-19-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
(female)

mrsrich911 HB User
Re: Worried about being evil...

I'm glad you shared; getting it out definitely helps. I've struggled with intrusive thoughts for the past 8 years or so. I'm 28 now, and after being on Sertraline for a few years, the thoughts are nearly non-existent. I can relate to everything you've posted and I understand how scary it is. It wasn't until my doctor upped my Sertraline dosage to 200mg per day that I finally felt "normal" again. I've been told this is the maximum recommended dosage to treat OCD. I definitely believe it's helped me and I wish you all the best. I'm here if you ever need to talk!

Closed Thread