It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

Jamiiilay HB User
Unhappy OCD-fears of dying,devil/god

This is my first time posting. I've read other threads and it's brought some comfort, but I haven't read anything yet that relates to some of my phobias.
First of all, I've never been diagnosed with OCD- but I've read enough on it and experienced enough that I know I have it. I finally went against whatever was holding me back from therapy, and reached out to a therapist yesterday. I'm 19, almost 20 and I just has my first child 3.5 months ago. She brightens my world, and I really have been very happy. My issues have been on and off, lingering since I was 14. I used to be so full of life, and take risks and I absolutely loved horror movies, scary stories, anything to get a chill. That's what caused my ocd, and I really regret the years I spent watching/reading horror.

I was pretty okay when my daughter was first born, I had a lot on my plate.

I'm not OCD in the sense that everything has a place and it must be in it's place- or being overly clean and perfect. Not a germophobe. But I so have severe and complete anxiety to where, if I start something, I absolutely have to finish it. And I don't think the world will end or anything if I don't, it's not like that but just I feel like if I don't finish it, I'll have a nervous break down. For example, right now I'm fighting to keep my daughter calm so I can finish this.

My fiance and I are actually doing good despite it all. It doesn't really come between us, and I don't talk about it often, only when it's really bad and unbearable. His mom is schizophrenic so he understands what im going through, and he's really supportive. But I feel bad a lot talking about it , because I don't know if he really understands the differences between his mom and me, and I don't want him to think I'm schizophrenic, because I'm not.

I am hard to live with though, and I appreciate him immensely for everything he does for me. I am getting teared up just thinking about it. I don't work, I stay home full time with my baby. I feel like I'm supposed to have everything perfect FOR HIM, not for me , and only because I stay home while he works. But theres just never enough time to finish every single task every day because I have to choose to put all of my energies into her, or wait until she's asleep to work. Because if I start something and she interrupts it, I literally get furious, and it's not toward her, but because of her. Well, because of my anxiety, and she's just the stressor.

And then sometimes we argue about why I can't seem to ever get stuff done. It's not intentional, it's not because im being lazy. It's because I'll literally have a nervous breakdown or scream and go into a rage if I can't finish what I've started. I learned a lot of this from my dad, he was very impatient and ready to rage. I had to live with him most of my growing up, which is the cause for soo many other issues...but that's another story. I just wonder if theres anyone else out there who deals with things similar to my everyday. I don't really know how I feel about taking medication. I'm not that healthy as it is. and I don't want to become stoic and unemotional every day of my life.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-24-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate details

The following user gives a hug of support to Jamiiilay:
Charmbracelet81 (09-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread