It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

illflyaway136 HB User
Unhappy ROCD and the physical symtoms of extreme anxiety

Hello everyone, I am currently battling OCD it preferred The relationship type. I am having extreme anxiety such as chest tightness, nausea, vomitting, diahrea, headaches, I feel like I'm almost not here. I am exhausted all the time and I keep getting chills and then hotflashes......but the worse is the intimacy issues that come with rocd, does anyone out there who might be experiencing ROCD have some of these symptoms. I would really like to talk to somebody.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

axela HB User
Smile Re: ROCD and the physical symtoms of extreme anxiety

Hi, whoever I just want to say you're doing great. Especially because you've sought out for help. You'll get through this. I see you're having anxiety, nausea and all the good stuff that comes with the scary climax of OCD. This will get better. Every time you have a thought "do I love this person." Say to yourself "this is OCD trying to tear me down." DO THIS EVERY TIME. This is something my therapist taught me to do, and after a few months of doing it I see a lot of improvement. I still have the questioning feelings in my head but I have the ability to brush them off. And you will soon too! I want to tell you that when you're having a doubtful thought and realize it's not causing as much anxiety anymore THIS ISN'T BAD. This is actually great. This is the first step at getting better. This is your brain signaling to you that this is bull! Even if you can't comprehend it all. I know you may feel that this means the doubts are real, but they aren't. When I first started questioning, I was scared to death. I was disturbed, broken, and miserable because I didn't understand how I could suddenly start doubting. I started having bad anxiety like I wasn't on this earth... Crying all of the time.. thinking I was going crazy..... For me, this is the most in love I've ever been in my whole life. We've been together for almost a year. My boyfriend actually saved my life and I love him with every thing in me..but still. I have OCD and when ever we fight... or he annoys me... or he says the wrong thing I question "Do I still love him? Do I want to be with him forever." As soon as this happens I look at it as silly because I have a lot of things to prove that I am in fact in love with him. You have to remember that part. Just because you can't get these doubtful thoughts off of your mind doesn't make you a bad person. It doesn't mean "you're not in love." It only means one thing. YOU HAVE OCD. And since you have the painful relationship branch of it right now, you really just need to push through. Honestly just keep pushing through. You're going to get better. Like I said. SEPARATE YOUR THOUGHTS INTO 2. You have YOUR thoughts... then you have OCD thoughts. Realize the OCD thoughts aren't real. You're gonna be okay.

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-14-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Removed banned word. If a word is questionable enough that you have to ** it out, just don't use that word. Ms._Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
(female)

USmiss HB User
Re: ROCD and the physical symtoms of extreme anxiety

Hello there. I want you to know I have been through the same thing off and on for the past year and couple months. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now. He is my first love and in times of no doubt, I am very happy. We have talked about me moving in with him and even about the future together. However, every once in a while, I am plagued by this cycle of doubt. It could be triggered by something as simple as a small disagreement between us or him doing something or not doing something the way I expect it or feel it should be done. I will then obsess, day in and day out, about whether this relationship is right, whether I am still happy and in love, whether I want to be with him in the future, etc. This has caused me a lot of anxiety symptoms, including stomach problems, uncontrollable crying spells, shakiness, and severe indecisiveness. I have been dealing with a doubt cycle the last 2 or 3 weeks. It's to the point where I have tried to tell my boyfriend I need to take a break to figure things out, but then I say I'm not sure if I want that. I just feel so confused and lost. I have been an emotional mess. I wrote another post talking about a recent slight medication change I had that I think might have triggered some of this, coupled with a few small disagreements we had recently. I'm still trying to figure everything out and still am not sure what I want. It is enough to drive me insane

Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 AM   #4
(female)

USmiss HB User
Re: ROCD and the physical symtoms of extreme anxiety

At first when I read this, I thought I wrote this post. Then I realized I wrote the one underneath it. We sound exactly alike. :-(

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, ocd, rocd, stress